X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gumby01
    • Dec 7, 2015

8" Hasbro Darth Vader

This looks interesting...

Hasbro Pulse is Hasbro's ultimate fan destination, where fans come first. Shop Hasbro Pulse for the latest action figures and collectibles from G.I. Joe, Ghostbusters, Transformers, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Marvel, and more.
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

I will definitely be getting this!
    JediJaida

Comment

• Gumby01
      • Dec 7, 2015

I may have to break down and get one too! It's like a Hot Toys and Mego hybrid. I'm glad other companies are embracing the 8 inch scale (i.e. NECA, Star Ace).

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

wow.definite buy.

Comment

• alex
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 15, 2009

Gawd, more stuff to buy, is this a completely new line, and more characters to come in 8 inch? The only thing I would be worried about is that pleather cracking/tearing in time. Its already happening to the Mezco stuff.

Comment

• Timothy2251
            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
            • Mar 15, 2008

Pre-ordered mine, and I hope there's more of these 8" figures in the pipeline.
            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Gumby01
              I may have to break down and get one too! It's like a Hot Toys and Mego hybrid. I'm glad other companies are embracing the 8 inch scale (i.e. NECA, Star Ace).
              The Star Ace stuff is supposed to be 1/8th scale so that is 9 inches tall.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• niknum
                • Dec 18, 2012

Originally posted by alex
                Gawd, more stuff to buy, is this a completely new line, and more characters to come in 8 inch? The only thing I would be worried about is that pleather cracking/tearing in time. Its already happening to the Mezco stuff.

I don't think it has pleather. Its made of the rubbery fake skin over a metal endoskeleton. Then plastic hands/boots/armor and some cloth

How if feelsHow it movesHow it looksEverything you need to know about the upcoming StarWars the black series HYPER REAL Darth vader
                Last edited by niknum; Feb 20, '19, 4:05 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Rubber tends to dry out and/or react with other plastics so I would not be surprised to see this thing breaking down in a few years.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

I would hate to invest $80 in this figure and then find out that the line ends with this or maybe another figure...

Comment

• Gumby01
                      • Dec 7, 2015

I can't remember where, but I read/heard that Bespin Luke would be a future release, since this is an Empire Strikes Back based Vader.

My guess with almost every product, consistent sales will most likely determine the longevity of the line.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

I would think Boba Fett would be in this line

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                          I would think Boba Fett would be in this line
                          Some Asian company made a Mego-esque Boba Fett. I have it. It looks phenomenal but parts will fall off of it very easily. The body was made of metal. It's slightly smaller than 9".
                          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Chris
                            Some Asian company made a Mego-esque Boba Fett. I have it. It looks phenomenal but parts will fall off of it very easily. The body was made of metal. It's slightly smaller than 9".
                            That would be Tomy Direct.

Comment

• SWDAVE
                              • May 31, 2017

On sale at Amazon $56.25. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D769KSP

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎