Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8" Hasbro Darth Vader

8" Hasbro Darth Vader

Images
    Blog Entries
    I will definitely be getting this!
    JediJaida

I may have to break down and get one too! It's like a Hot Toys and Mego hybrid. I'm glad other companies are embracing the 8 inch scale (i.e. NECA, Star Ace).

wow.definite buy.

Gawd, more stuff to buy, is this a completely new line, and more characters to come in 8 inch? The only thing I would be worried about is that pleather cracking/tearing in time. Its already happening to the Mezco stuff.

Images
    Pre-ordered mine, and I hope there's more of these 8" figures in the pipeline.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby01 View Post
    I may have to break down and get one too! It's like a Hot Toys and Mego hybrid. I'm glad other companies are embracing the 8 inch scale (i.e. NECA, Star Ace).
    The Star Ace stuff is supposed to be 1/8th scale so that is 9 inches tall.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Gawd, more stuff to buy, is this a completely new line, and more characters to come in 8 inch? The only thing I would be worried about is that pleather cracking/tearing in time. Its already happening to the Mezco stuff.

I don't think it has pleather. Its made of the rubbery fake skin over a metal endoskeleton. Then plastic hands/boots/armor and some cloth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwl_f80auU
    Last edited by niknum; Feb 20, '19 at 4:05 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Rubber tends to dry out and/or react with other plastics so I would not be surprised to see this thing breaking down in a few years.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

I would hate to invest $80 in this figure and then find out that the line ends with this or maybe another figure...