X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on Ebay this Week

Scare Cycles FrankenCycle by Ideal- After Evel Knievel did his little trick with a baseball bat, Ideal toys was left with a very popular toy concept without a theme. Scare Cycles placed the classic monsters on choppers, it made no sense but who cared?

Speaking of weird nonsense on Bikes- Who didn't want a freewheeling Alan Alda on a motorcycle as a kid? I would have preferred Jack Klugman but this isn't terrible.

Buck Rogers Playset by HG Toys- I don't know what I love more here, the toy or that gorgeous Earl Norem art on the box.

FireBirds are Go! - One of the more blatant knock offs produced by Zee Toys, they weren't even trying to disguise that these were ripping off Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds and I love them for that!

Sealed Remco Mini Monster Play Case- I always liked the notion of the Monsters being room mates, even as a kid.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That MASH bike is wild. Had no idea that existed.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

The MASH bike is pretty cool, but actually it was BJ Honeycutt who had a motorcycle in a couple of different episodes
      and the last episode of the series, but understandably Hawkye was the most popular character of the show.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Love love love the Scare cycles! These are pretty hard to come by and a bit pricy

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

Arrgh! I had that Buck Rogers set when I was a kid! The "hero" figures in my set were all white, not in various colors like on the box, though.
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Look at the artwork on the Buck Rogers set. (*Swoon*).

When I retire, I will sell my collection for a black van, and get that airbrushed on one side, with Battlestar Galactica on the other.

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Fivefecta for the win!… dreaming of a monster biker gang on a playful Saturday morning. Why hasn't that Clive Barker movie been made yet?
              Last edited by Confessional; Feb 16, '19, 2:23 PM. Reason: … gimme <rummmbllle!>

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Love that Buck Rogers set. I had an incomplete one when I was a kid... missing a lot of the parts.
                Need to find a complete one some day.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

Real World Transylvania... This is the true story, of six Monsters, picked to live in a house, work together, and have their lives taped. Find out what happens, when Monsters stop being polite, and start getting real…

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I had that Buck Rogers set. still have a few of the ships but they are a little worn and chewed on, lol

Comment

• tay666
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 27, 2008

I had no idea Scare Cycles existed until now.
                      And now I need to own one!
                      I don't even care about a box, I just want to play with it.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎