Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

No - Kenner did not make a Tarkin figure in the original batch of figures up to 1985. When they relaunched the Star Wars figures in the 90's, they did make a Tarkin, but never with the original vintage items.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Tarkin was planned for their proposed 1985 SW Epic Continues line but was never released. I don't think he got past a sketch.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 16, '19, 6:40 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

These are neat but I'm not sure about paying $9.99 each for these. I mean for a couple dollars more I can get a new Mego.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

It's a nice little figure, thanks for the info.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Cardback isn't as pretty as I'd like.

But other than that I have no complaints. I'm going to collect the hell out of these.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

The Tarkn figure should have been available in 1978. Nice to see they are making new figures for this line. I wonder if they will do a Rebel Trooper at some point.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Yes! Tarkin! At last!
                Now give us Biggs, Wedge and the Rebel Fleet Trooper, Hasbro!

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

I don't remember where I saw it but the Tarkin figure is only going to be a available with a board game. Is that right?

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I understand the marketing reasons, but stamping it "RETRO!!!!" is a bit on the nose.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by phil
                      I don't remember where I saw it but the Tarkin figure is only going to be a available with a board game. Is that right?
                      Yes, only with the board game.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

My only nit with these is the sheer size of that RETRO blurb on the cards. I wish it were about half that size so it didn't cover so much of the photos.

I'm hoping maybe it's a sticker that can be removed.

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          Yes, only with the board game.
                          That kind of stinks. Thanks for clearing it up though.

Comment

• alex
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 15, 2009

Ill definately get the missing links, but wish they had gone without a tray inside, and just had the figure rattling around. Yeah that retro label is a bit much covering up the whole picture....

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by alex
                              Ill definately get the missing links, but wish they had gone without a tray inside, and just had the figure rattling around. Yeah that retro label is a bit much covering up the whole picture....
                              Good news is I believe that retro label is indeed a sticker. With a little care it should be removeable.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Hedji
                                The first wave was all reproductions of some of the first twelve. They went up for preorder on Target last night and are already sold out.
                                Don't how when they aren't available until May. I think it's the same thing that happened with Mego,the stuff is listed but not available until whenever but it says "sold out".

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎