Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

I appreciate the deliciousness of the book's high quality photos. Amazing.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I received my copy today--this is a fantastic book! Chock full of photos and interviews, it's one of the nicest books about toys I've owned. My French is quite degraded and I'm sure I'm missing some fascinating minutiae, but I was able to get the gist of it. So far, I've particularly enjoyed the interview with Mattel designer Carol Spencer, Big Jim's outfitter.

Not much in it was new to me, but it's all so beautifully presented and accessible.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Wow! I would love to purchase that book. Does this cover the entire history?

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

All of it, en francais.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I just placed my order. Super pumped to see it!!!

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Talk about fast shipping! I already received this book and it's an absolute treat to hold in person. This treatment is EXACTLY what I felt Big Jim always deserved. Such a long and illustrious run and this book really captures it.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by RonnyG
                If you want to read the text, I believe there are apps out there that can help you translate a page of text. I remember once I found a magazine article and I scanned it, and there was some website ( I forgot the name) I uploaded it, and it recognized the characters, and typed it up for me automatically. It was free to use. Maybe someone can remember the name of the website. You can scan it or maybe take a picture of it, and use google translate to make it in english.
                UPDATE: I think it's called OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
                Google Translate. A coworker introduced me to it. Put the App on your phone and any language your phones camera sees will be translated to English on your phones view screen. Yeah Technology!
                Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2019

Just ordered a copy! I cannot wait to look through it....I've loved Big Jim since I bought my first Jim on a whim back in 2003
                  Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎