Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WB streaming coming soon (bye bye Netfilx)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Leonardo Myst
    They clarified this in the DC Universe forum.
    It was due to Swamp Thing's production, and had nothing to do with the app.

Meanwhile, they are currently adding all the comics DC has digitized for Comixology to the DC Universe service. Once done, supposedly by the end of the month, they'll be adding any newly digitized classics and newer comics up to one year ago.

And Doom Patrol is doing pretty good. It'll probably be their defining series.
    Actually, I wouldn't say it's been "clarified"... There is another report that conflicts with that story, but neither has more credibility than the other. If anything the water is more muddy than ever, with some saying DC's streaming service is troubled, while others just saying Swamp Thing is. Someone's lying, but who? Or perhaps both are true. And if the DC app is taking a bath, it's not like the folks at DC are going to come out and admit it. Clearly they are trying to save it and save costs, hence stopping Swamp Thing before the planned production run.

IMO it's much more likely that the DC streaming service has issues than Swamp Thing went over budget. I mean, if the show was going over budget, they'd retool and finish the season, not stop mid-production.

Comment

• Leonardo Myst
      • Apr 18, 2019

Well, it is only three episodes short.
      I heard that Titans was cut short also, but has now been renewed for a second season.

As long as Doom Patrol gets a second (and third... and fourth...) season, I'll be happy.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎