Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Flex is a Grant Morrison Doom Patrol character.

I'm very excited for this series. I love the Doom Patrol. I'm not entirely sold on the Morrison-ishness of the series, but I do like that Rita is in it. I also like that Brendan Fraser, Matt Bomer, Timothy Dalton and Alan Tyduk are in it.

I hope we see other characters like Celsius, Tempest, Negative Woman, etc...Even if they don't stay permanently, but maybe appear as guest stars.

I do hope we get to see the Brain, Monsieur Mallah, Madame Rouge, General Immortus, the Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man, Mr. 104, and other whacky villains in the series.

Oh, as far as I've heard, Cyborg will eventually be joining the Titans series. He is just being introduced in the Doom Patrol, but will be transitioning over to Titans at some point, AFAIK.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Feb 19, '19, 3:10 PM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Holy cow! Do I love this show.
      It's like a Vertigo comic come to life and it's funny too.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Jeez, I hope it hits dvd.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

This is the show I’ve been looking forward to most as I have loved all the Doom Patrol incarnations. Though I do t think we need Cyborg shoved into it but it’s still a darn good effort.

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Jeez, I hope it hits dvd.
            Meeee toooo!
            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Just bumping this, because this show is so darn good. Cyborg managed to fit in seamlessly and wasn't shoe horned in as much as I had expected.

And Robotman is awesome. Brendan Fraiser has never been better.

Such a wild show. Unlike any other superhero show ever made and SO Doom Patrol.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Resurrecting this thread because I decided to give DC Universe a try and I after I watched "Swamp Thing", I started on "Doom Patrol". I've got about three episodes left to finish up Season 1, but I have seen more than enough to know I love this show. It took me a bit to settle into it, but I once I got comfortable with a few things about it (like Cyborg being in it and a weird (to me) thing about Rita's "powers" that I had to adjust for), I got to looking forward to watching the next episode....and the next. Then my internet went down last evening and I couldn't watch it last night, as I had been looking forward to. THAT'S when I realized how much I am enjoying the show and decided it was time to revisit the thread to add my voice to those who have said they enjoy it. It's very entertaining and just the right amount of "adult" for me to dig it. Nice mix of "zany" and then deadly serious about those that are cast aside as "strange, different, or literal oddities to most others" still need to have a feeling of safety and belonging somewhere among others. Probably territory covered by X-Men for a long time, but the Weird Mystery angle makes the show a lot of fun.

I saw where a few folks in this thread commented that they were hoping for it to hit DVD. If you haven't seen it already and still have an interest, I saw it at Walmart for about $15 and Amazon has it for that price, as well.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for the DVD advice!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I paid $20 for the set at Target a few months ago. I enjoyed the show. I never read the comics so was not familiar with the source material, but the show gets really weird at times

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I purchased the dvd set and binged this week-end. Thoroughly enjoyed it, much more than I expcted to. Cyporg fit in well, actually. So many great Easter eggs. Though it's definately more Morrisom than Drake, the series incorporated many elements of the various teams well.

I particularly liked what they did with Negative Man (obviously), and though I was prepared to be upset about Rita Farr, her character truly engaged me. I hope we see her using more of her traditional abilities in Season 2. (Is Disney being a jerk about her?)

The last episode stumbled a bit for me with Ezekiel and the rat, but overall I liked this more than anything I've seen from DC in years.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I actually haven't finished the series yet, been saving them like cigars but I'd better do it before it gets yanked like Titans did.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Titans didn't get yanked. it's been renewed for S3. Swamp Thing got yanked

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎