X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Raymond Castile AHI Monster video

Monster collector Ray Castille has launched a series of videos digging through boxes of his monster collection. These are very impromptu and loose, but a lot of fun. He has one spotlighting the AHI Monsters. I know he's posted links to these on the Pod Stallions group, but I thought I'd share it here, since I enjoyed it over my lunch break!

Chris
    sigpic
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Not that I'm right, but I thought it was A.H.I (saying the letters) not AHI.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

"A-hi" threw me, too but that is some of the loveliest stuff I've ever seen and I'm not even a great AHI fan.

I felt that way last year, too when I saw a NM-on-purple card Aquaman. It's a rush to see something so old and yet so pristine.

It's a great video and he has a stunning collection.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 14, '19, 10:21 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

And all basements should be paneled like that .

There's a moment at the end where Raymond is reminiscing about his childhood Creature and his voice breaks with emotion, you can see him reliving those memories. That really touched me--I bet we all have had experiences like that and those feelings draw us here and together.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 14, '19, 10:31 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

I agree, absolutely why I'm here and why I collect toys.
          Mortui Vivos Docent
          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Godzilla
            Not that I'm right, but I thought it was A.H.I (saying the letters) not AHI.
            Yeah, you are correct, it's stands for Azrak Hamway International, but some people like to pronounce acronyms like words if they can. But "A-hi" sounds a bit awkward to me.

Dude has an amazing monster collection though, jealous!

Comment

• Type Two
              Career Member
              • Sep 20, 2010

I've always said "A-HI," too. RC's videos are a real hoot. His titles make it very difficult to find them in a search for the topic he covers...but whatever. I don't know why he wraps those acrylic encased beauties in cheapo plastic bags, but...again...whatever. His vid on the Lincoln/Tomland figures is a must watch!
              Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎