Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun guy
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 24, 2011

I Hope to see the classic golden age justice society of America characters as action figures from McFarlane toys in 2020!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      From what I understand, the KISS license FTC has is for specialty market and Mego has a mass market license. I assume the same goes for NECA with Freddy.
      That's really interesting. Thanks for your insights Andy. It will be interesting to see what other licenses will split by mass vs specialty markets.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

There's an interview up with Todd at Newsarama about his plans for the DC line...

https://www.newsarama.com/44134-todd...l-with-dc.html

he at least seems to be headed in a direction I like.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

I'm optimistic as it's something new. I'm curious how they will look and how deep into the well McFarlane will go.
          DCU classics left out some pretty key silver age characters like Aqualad and Jor'El .
          Last edited by Mr.Marion; Mar 3, '19, 5:49 AM.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by MRP
            There's an interview up with Todd at Newsarama about his plans for the DC line...

https://www.newsarama.com/44134-todd...l-with-dc.html

he at least seems to be headed in a direction I like.

-M
            He's pretty much doing what I hoped Mego could do. It's ironic that 14-inch might be Mego's market niche. Like 8-inch was a response to 12-inch, 14 is this open area because so many people are now working in, (or close to), 8.

Comment

• Orion1
              • Apr 7, 2010

Looking forward to McFarlane DC figures, great interview btw. It's good to have someone who "GETS IT" and knows the industry, and target customers, and of course what they're doing running the show. Here's hoping for 8 inch DC Mego in 2020 as well.

Comment

• fun guy
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by Orion1
                Looking forward to McFarlane DC figures, great interview btw. It's good to have someone who "GETS IT" and knows the industry, and target customers, and of course what they're doing running the show. Here's hoping for 8 inch DC Mego in 2020 as well.
                Me too.,I Hope we get everything from the super friends to the golden age JSA!

Comment

• fun guy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 24, 2011

When will we see the first DC Comics action figure wave from McFarlane toys?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by fun guy
                    When will we see the first DC Comics action figure wave from McFarlane toys?
                    2020 probably at Toyfair
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fun guy
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      2020 probably at Toyfair
                      Cool,man,Which characters will be in the first action figure wave?

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

unsure, but I'm betting Todd doesn't do superman or batman at first until a few waves come out. I'm betting characters like The Creeper, Swamp Thing, Man-Bat

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by fun guy
                          Cool,man,Which characters will be in the first action figure wave?
                          Hmm, Batman, Batman and Batman.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Hmm, Batman, Batman and Batman.
                            Batman is McFarlane's favorite DC character, and in every interview about the DC line he has given, he has talked about doing the core right and building from there, so I would expect the first wave to have all the favorites and maybe 1 or 2 surprises. He's also talked about the popularity of characters in comics, movies and TV being a driving point for the line.

I don't know how many figures will be in a wave or what is typical for McFarlane toys, as I haven't bought anything from them except some of their Conan and Dragons years back, but I'd expect something like:

Batman
                            Joker
                            Superman
                            Wonder Woman
                            Harley Quinn
                            Flash
                            Aquaman
                            Black Manta

and a wild card like Swamp Thing

as the kind of mix you would expect in a first wave based on the approach to the line he has talked about. He hasn't talked specifics of figures except mentioning doing a really cool Batman, but he has talked about his philosophy of approaching the line and how to make it work, and what he thinks fans want to see.

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• fun guy
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by MRP
                              Batman is McFarlane's favorite DC character, and in every interview about the DC line he has given, he has talked about doing the core right and building from there, so I would expect the first wave to have all the favorites and maybe 1 or 2 surprises. He's also talked about the popularity of characters in comics, movies and TV being a driving point for the line.

I don't know how many figures will be in a wave or what is typical for McFarlane toys, as I haven't bought anything from them except some of their Conan and Dragons years back, but I'd expect something like:

Batman
                              Joker
                              Superman
                              Wonder Woman
                              Harley Quinn
                              Flash
                              Aquaman
                              Black Manta

and a wild card like Swamp Thing

as the kind of mix you would expect in a first wave based on the approach to the line he has talked about. He hasn't talked specifics of figures except mentioning doing a really cool Batman, but he has talked about his philosophy of approaching the line and how to make it work, and what he thinks fans want to see.

-M
                              I Am so excited about this.

Comment

• B-Lister
                                Eccentric Weirdo
                                • Mar 19, 2010

I just wish Mattel could've gotten around to the Balent Catwoman and Impulse that were teased before closing shop.
                                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎