Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Newbie14
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 25, 2018

Hoping for a Mystery Machine since there is a Batmoblie.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I like what I'm seeing from Mezco's Batman '66 line. Less "cartoony" and more straight adaptation into the format. Plus, they screwed up by offering lesser villains before the big 3 male foes.

Those Fleischer Superman figures are GORGEOUS. What a surprise!

Mezco had some new offerings from the 5Points and One:12 Collective lines on display last night. The 5Points line are smaller scale figures with limited articulation. Think vintage Star Wars or Reaction figures, but with more license specific, modern sculpting. This is not really my scale or

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

The Batman 66 figures absolutely shame the Funko ones. Not to mention Funko's brilliant idea of skipping over A listers like Joker and Penguin for D listers like King Tut and Bookworm.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

Is The Batmobile a set with Batman and Robin?

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Just a shame that the 66 figures have such awful likenesses. Only Joker looks good. These almost look more based on the cartoon or comics than the live action. Don't have the sharp likenesses that the Funkos had. Penguin doesn't have a drop of Meredith in him.

Probably still pick em' up though.

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
              The Batman 66 figures absolutely shame the Funko ones. Not to mention Funko's brilliant idea of skipping over A listers like Joker and Penguin for D listers like King Tut and Bookworm.
              I can't argue that they shouldn't have skipped the A-listers, but I have a soft spot for Victor Buono, and Bookworm looks great in my Buffy library playset.

I did wish they'd made the George Sanders Mr. Freeze though.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

I don't have the same fondness for the smaller 5 point figures many collectors have, but I see the appeal. I think I'm about saturated with Batman '66 stuff at this point, but those Fleischer Superman figures...sweet. So I guess something for everyone.

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                  • Feb 19, 2010

Really looking forward to the Batman 66 figures. The Batmobile looks more accurate than the funko one. Plus the soft goods capes are better for these new versions of Batman and Robin. The Superman ones look great as well. Wish some one would do the 50's George Reeves version. Plus I hope the Hanna Barbera characters do well so we can see Jan and Jace and the Herculoids.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

They got me with three words:
                    Spooky
                    Space
                    Kook

I've been waiting for 40 years for that, been teased and one wave away at times. The rest of the Scooby stuff looks spot on, exactly what I might have expected in the era. Fleischer Supes stuff is a definite. Stuff like Herculoids would work well at this scale, so hopefully that's in the cards. Don't recall seeing the Six Million Dollar Man figures this time around, though.

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

i would be down for the hanna barbera universe in this scale!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

I’m intrigued!

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

interesting how they're doing a six million dollar man and bigfoot figure too.

Comment

• LordMudd
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 22, 2011

I want all of the Batman, Superman, Birdman and Spaaaaaaace Ghost and some of the Scooby Doo. Might get 2 or 3 Lois figures for custom, maybe make a Mattel compatible Dale Arden. I disagree with skipping the A list characters. Funko was trying to spread them out in order to get more characters overall out. They were really pushing to get Green Hornet and Kato in a later wave because of the guest appearance. Never heard how that turned out. As for what they did, the only figure I have issue with is King Tut because he has balance issues. There is a papercraft site mainly focused on Doctor Who that has individual hideouts for most of those villains. I imagine when these come out there will be more hideouts done.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎