Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Body designation?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    I am going to pretend this thread never happened and continue to refer to the new Mego body as "the new Mego body" whenever I feel the need to express differentiation from an original. In my mind I reserve the right to think of them as "dicknecks" on days that I am particularly irritable that Mego still hasn't announced a Joey license.
    I like that. I want to see that being sold on Doc Mego's web site along with his Dick(Grayson)heads.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    In the olden times, this would have devolved into an argument over which collector coined the term because you know, it's important for future generations. #progress
    I am pretty sure that Bill Berger first uttered the phrase "type3" back in '93.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    Well, the name "dickneck" is guaranteed to stick.

"New custom on a dickneck body." It's pretty catchy.
    Coincidentally I am working on a Dirk Benedict figure.

Images
    I don't think any of the original Megos ever had an official designation of T1 T2 etc. That was added by collectors. (Just like VWs -thank you if you understand that reference)

So any designation you give it is OK.

To be able to trade, repair, modify, and more with other collectors, it is good to have a common term.

Steve is probably correct in calling it the New Mego body. It is commonly used and easily understood.

John's T3 toys designation aside, there was a 36 year gap which makes it hard to call this simply the next number.

But again, I am in this for the sake of bickering. I will join the side with the most power or whoever can reward me financially.

Brian, I would like to be credited with naming rights.

I am here to throw a hissy fit and threaten everybody with lawsuits. Additionally I will stalk and harass you online; sabotage your ebay listings; downvote any online content you may produce; and doxx and slander you to anyone who will listen - it is the old school mego way!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hussapocalypse View Post
    I am here to throw a hissy fit and threaten everybody with lawsuits. Additionally I will stalk and harass you online; sabotage your ebay listings; downvote any online content you may produce; and doxx and slander you to anyone who will listen - it is the old school mego way!
    You also need to start a Facebook group purely out of spite and populate it with haters.

Blog Entries
    You also need to start a Facebook group purely out of spite and populate it with haters.
    I like to call that group "ten people i do not miss".

Explains a lot about the negative energy on that app.