Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Pathetic Man-Child Destroys 2,387 Vintage Star Wars Figures"

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Yes, Mikey is right, 100%. The right thing to do would be to donate double that amount or value to children.
    I hear some guy named Garth Bader over at Rebel Scum has hired a certain group of bounty hunters to locate Mr. Manchild. But, NO disintegrations.

Images
    Mike makes it quite clear he's doing this because Disney destroyed the sentimental value of Star Wars. So these figures he loved as a kid are now just a mound of plastic.

And donating them? Seriously? Have any of you actually looked into what goes on with donation companies? The stuff gets picked through at the dropoff by the owners/employees/friends and they keep the good to sell it themselves. You would have to personally hand out bags of figures directly to kids.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pmwasson View Post
    Hope they took proper precautions, acetone is nasty flammable stuff
    "An illegal amount of acetone"

They should bring that "cube" to SDCC and auction it off..

Images
    And donating them? Seriously? Have any of you actually looked into what goes on with donation companies? The stuff gets picked through at the dropoff by the owners/employees/friends and they keep the good to sell it themselves. You would have to personally hand out bags of figures directly to kids.
    I still say donating is a good idea, but I have seen this sad underbelly. My wife and I donated a good chunk of unopened toys (mostly 90s DC stuff) to a toy drive after a natural disaster (can't remember which one). A local group was coordinating and sending off the donations. My wife later saw one of the leaders of the drive in her library with her grandson. Her grandson was playing with a new-looking vintage Kenner BTAS Robin figure variant. Wonder where he got THAT from?

Having said that, it's still better to TRY and get these into the hands of kids who can use some cheering up.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Ha.
    My collection just went up in value.

Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    Have any of you actually looked into what goes on with donation companies? The stuff gets picked through at the dropoff by the owners/employees/friends and they keep the good to sell it themselves.
    Still a better choice. At least the seller would make some money off them, and someone else would get pleasure out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    You would have to personally hand out bags of figures directly to kids.
    What an excellent idea! The world would be a better place, wouldn't it?
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

I found it fascinating. The torso plastic melts better than the arms and legs.

I'll say this: donating toys or giving them to kids is no way to make a viral video.
    Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Feb 11, '19 at 1:47 PM.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

It's a self-declared fanboy parody stunt [sic], ok, but it's pretty shallow and the real let down is the optics. Turning figures into a semi-melted gray soup [we executed much more inspirational toy mayhem in the 70s/80s to test the integrity of such objects], eehhhh… not really inspiring, funny, clever, or making me [anyone?] want to watch any more of their content.

I'm clearly out of touch with what drives people to care about anything in the information age of sensational [self-gratifiying viral attention-seeking] behavior… to quote a maestro, "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
    Last edited by Confessional; Feb 11, '19 at 1:56 PM. Reason: … now, firecrackers, WD-40 and some handtools can make a *statement*

Images
    WTAF!?
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

It's done for yuks - with how many of those things got made, and the fact that I didn't see a single accessory or uncommon figure in all those shots, this doens't move the needle one bit.

I think I have three Lobots and his blaster is worth more than the figure.
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain