X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

what is the deal with ebay and paypal?

so I was going to make a purchase and I got this message about eBay's new payment set up, which does not at this time include paypal. What the hell?
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Strange...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I just made an ebay purchase Friday using Paypal--I thought they were hand-in-glove. Strange indeed...
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Ebay and Paypal split quite a while ago and eBay is spinning up their own system, but I still pay with Paypal. There's an extra step to use that payment, but I've bought some stuff and sold stuff over the past week and all were Paypal transactions.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, the ebay-Paypal agreement ends next year, ebay will be slowly rolling out their new cc payment system with Adyen handling the payment processing behind the scenes. Paypal will still be accepted after that, but it will no longer be the prominent choice.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

That's good to know, I'm not adding another payor just for ebay.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

it says it is through ebays new managed payment experience. paypal is not yet available but you can pay with a credit card or debit card. it also says your payment will not be shared with the seller.

sorry, I am not doing that. I will get the thing elsewhere

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

That is BS from them, I don't understand. My credit card is one of the payors linked to my PP account, what's the difference? Ugh.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

I'm not sure if it is all purchases right now or just sellers who are using the new payment management thing

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

Might be the latter. Just purchased done CDs from Australia on eBay and it was all PayPal. But purchased some CDs from states side and had the option to use credit card or PayPal, like the old days which I like.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎