X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Football League starts tonight on CBS

I know nothing about this and just first heard about it today. You guys are probably already aware of it but thought I pass the info along because I haven't seen a thread on it yet.

Learn about aaf.com and contact us for any business inquiries.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 9, '19, 3:04 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Duncan
    Museum focus-groupie
    • Jun 27, 2009

I caught the game - it was OK. If you just like watching football, this will be fine. It's about Bengals vs Lions quality. There were some great plays and some garbage. I don't mind; I had it going with the sound off while I streamed something more interesting.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

I had no clue about this league. Did some quick reading and see that Charlie Ebersol is one of the founders and his Dad, Dick Ebersol is on the Board of Directors. Dick Ebersol, besides being Sports TV legend, was also a co-founder of the XFL. Coincidently, the XFL is coming back as league in 2020. The reading I did said that all of this (both leagues) is a direct result of interest generated by Charlie Ebersol's 30 for 30 Film "This Was the XFL".

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

My Dad is a big Packers fan. He watched a bit of it. He said it was alright. Neither great or terrible.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

^ I watched quite a bit of either of the two games that were played Sunday and I agree with your Dad. Neither great nor terrible.

I do find some of the rule differences from the NFL make for a better watching experience. Games might have moved along just a hair faster, too. Kind of neat to watch some of the inaugural games, but I'll see how I feel about in Week 6 (of 10).

The level of QB play is definitely below that of the middle tier NFL QBs so there is a significant difference in the AAF QB and the top half of the NFL. To be fair, though, their is a pretty big drop off in NFL QB talent below their middle-tier QBs.

Comment

• MysteryWho
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 16, 2008

I'm Canadian so I'm accustomed to mediocre football and it will be nice to have football on while I wait for next season.

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

What team is "He Hate Me" on?
              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I like that overtime is "high school regulation" meaning ball on the 10. If neither team scores it ends in a tie.

A couple of other rules to note:

- no kick off
                - no field goals
                - must go for 2 after touchdown
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I watched bits and pieces of it, and it's going to take some getting used too. For me personally now that the NFL season
                  is over, I'm concentrating more on the NBA and NHL plus Spring Training is about to start.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I watched a little bit, but got bored. The Super Bowl just ended. I can’t go from porterhouse steak to chuck ground, lol. It’s all about the NBA right now. I only follow the NFL and NBA.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎