Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage Mego Figures Dead?

Vintage Mego just like anything vintage super hero will always be in demand.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    Yeah but outside of a couple carded WGSH which megos aren't selling for all-time highs?
    Many of the figures produced by CTVT/FTC like the Knights and Monsters have definitely lowered both loose and boxed vintage values. My carded Star Trek aliens are definitely selling for less than they did in the mid 00's. I've even seen loose Titans fetching less than they did 10+ years ago.

Now I do not blame Re-Megos for all of this. In fact, there are plenty of reasons collectible values go up or down. I think one of the reasons may be a reflection of the changing focus of collectors. We tend to spend more (creating demand) as we start making more disposable cash. Many of us continue to collect, but a significant number lighten up as we have kids or other foci for our money. Even our hardcore community has seen members move on or sell off some or all of their stuff. Adding to the supply of vintage Megos has also lowered their prices.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post
    Many of the figures produced by CTVT/FTC like the Knights and Monsters have definitely lowered both loose and boxed vintage values. My carded Star Trek aliens are definitely selling for less than they did in the mid 00's. I've even seen loose Titans fetching less than they did 10+ years ago.
    You mean the monsters that just went for $500 boxed a piece 😂
    The knights boxed are still about $100 a pop, Black Knight a little more , King Arthur a little less.

Yeah the Trek Aliens have gone down a little.
    Loose Titans mint complete are still $200ish.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    You mean the monsters that just went for $500 boxed a piece 😂
    The knights boxed are still about $100 a pop, Black Knight a little more , King Arthur a little less.

Yeah the Trek Aliens have gone down a little.
    Loose Titans mint complete are still $200ish.
    WOW! $500?!? I'd be tempted to let mine go for that. No, I wouldn't. I hadn't seen that, but I have seen them go a little less than they once did. Except of course, for the boxed Werewolf that I've been chasing for years

Loose Speedy and Wondergirl were fetching over $400 back the early 00's.

What are SI's getting these days? I remember them getting $1,200-1,500 at one point. Do they even come up complete these days?

Maybe I just thought I was getting a great deal back when I was stocking up .
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post

Loose Speedy and Wondergirl were fetching over $400 back the early 00's.

What are SI's getting these days? I remember them getting $1,200-1,500 at one point. Do they even come up complete these days?

Maybe I just thought I was getting a great deal back when I was stocking up .
    I thought Aqualad and Speedy were the toughest bringing $400 occasionally.

I never sought after the alter egos because of their rarity and price and outside of CK nobody would recognize who they are.

Sure prices have gone down, but on the other hand, I search through ebay everyday, and the lack of minty figures has certainly dropped. Remember when U could pickup the western line in baggies for $30/40 a pop. Certain stuff I havent seen for years. I couldnt imagine starting all over again now.