X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

EMCE Universal Diamond Monsters

Need some help. I am considering buying the entire 8 figure Universal Monsters set and was wondering if anyone can provide a fair value to pay understanding that prices are decreasing with MEGO starting back up. Thanks
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Are they decreasing? Because generally, the Uni versions are nicer.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Are they decreasing? Because generally, the Uni versions are nicer.
      I agree. The new Mego Dracula replaces the generic Emce version, but as far as Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, Creature, etc. the Emce versions are superior IMO. That said, Nosferatu will be joining the group. He might even replace the Phantom as my favorite.

If new Mego can somehow manage it, I'd love to see the Hunchback and the Fly.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Check what these are going for on ebay, some are more then others, I think Frankenstein and Wolfman from series (1)
        will be the most rarest and expensive, the rest should be pretty affordable, except Creature, since it's popular and that would put it up there with Frank and Wolfman.

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

Thanks!! How am I able to tell a Frank and Wolf Seirs 1 from another series? Thanks again
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Personally, I am starting to like the Mego Monsters better, I like the low budget, public domain, knockoff aspects of the line so far.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Personally, I am starting to like the Mego Monsters better, I like the low budget, public domain, knockoff aspects of the line so far.
              I like the way they've worked to get Lugosi (the stage version) and Chaney's Werewolf (using the public domain film), and I reiterate my idea that they make a two-pack from Billy the Kid vs. Dracula, thus giving a figure of Billy (who wasn't in the original western line) and of the John Carradine Dracula (who is made up in this film very similarly to how he was in House of Dracula and House of Frankenstein).
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                I like the way they've worked to get Lugosi (the stage version) and Chaney's Werewolf (using the public domain film), and I reiterate my idea that they make a two-pack from Billy the Kid vs. Dracula, thus giving a figure of Billy (who wasn't in the original western line) and of the John Carradine Dracula (who is made up in this film very similarly to how he was in House of Dracula and House of Frankenstein).
                I'd just like some more obscure oddballs like the Sun Demon or Rondo Hatton
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Sun Demon would be awesome.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

THey are definitely worth getting. The way they did the Creature was ingenious, melding molded parts with a classic Mego-esque suit. All are very well executed. Might be a good time to look into them, as interest in them may well be lower now with Mego pumping out creatures of the night...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎