Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70s Gorn from scratch

Plausible theory!
    The tunic isn't a reuse of an existing Apes one, though....just very similar, modifying the production procedure of the Apes suits much as you describe.

I do wonder if there were any transitional Gorns, using remaining stock of Lizard heads painted brown. (This is me grasping for repaint legitimacy)

Images
    Blog Entries
    Regarding painting--I dye heads sometimes to tint them. You could tint the green head with brown dye and get a nice olive color, or go darker for a brown. Much quicker and more durable than painting. It will not affect the paint.

If you don't like it, you can always paint it.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Interesting, I shall consider it (as Mirror Spock said)!

Meanwhile, there's always Photoshop:

jealous-kirk-sm.jpg
    Last edited by Treadwell; Feb 10, '19 at 2:45 PM.

Images
    Well, I can't sew but I can do so-so photoshop -- Here's how I think Mego may have started on the figure, then realized it would be easier/safer just to do brown heads and use more existing/reusable parts.

Theoretical Gorn_sm.jpg
    Last edited by knight errant00; Feb 10, '19 at 5:12 PM.

It's just a guess mind you, but....could it have been possible that the Neptunian was supposed to start out as the Gorn
    and it just somehow got lost in the mixture and wasn't working to their likening?

and then they went with the Lizard head, but did not want to have two different characters with the same head, could
    cause confusion for children, and with so many extra ape soldiers bodies and extra Klingon outfits and boots decided
    to just go with a kitbash figure, with a brown painted Lizard head.

Could be!

Been wanting to do one like this but with the green gorn body. Like what I see here.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekStar View Post
    That did come out nicely, no issues with removing the neck plug or struggling to put the head on?
    You can remove the neck plug with a pair of pliers and widen the hole scraping it with scissors. It's not as hard as it seems.

As for the Gorn, nice idea for putting one together. Maybe instead of painting the head brown, you could paint the hands green?