X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Fraudulent Frankenstein #1 auction

This number has been changed. I know who bought the real number one. He's a member here. This is a scam!

• RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Yeah, you can tell the number is off center, and I know how easily the numbers rub off. Probably was something like 9201, and they erased the 920.

Wow! The auction's over and someone bought it! This will only encourage the seller to do it again. Actually, looking over his history of sold items, he/she has done it before...with a green shirt Kirk. No conscience, this one. To me, this ranks up there with forging celebrity autographs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Number-ME...p2047675.l2557
    Last edited by RonnyG; Feb 8, '19, 4:58 AM.

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

That seller is oh so wrong

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Would make a great title for a comic book.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Wow. Some poor person paid $350 for a $20 toy.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by emce hammer
            would make a great title for a comic book.
            fire good?
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by enyawd72
              Wow. Some poor person paid $350 for a $20 toy.
              He's probably not poor if he has that kind of money to burn on a toy (that's not even vintage), but I know what you mean. lol
              Sad that somebody can place such a high value on a sticker with numbers that aren't even permanent and that can be easily altered.
              Last edited by RonnyG; Feb 8, '19, 5:02 PM.

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                Lonnie is quite correct ,i found frankenstein #1 and #2 back in oct .i keep receipts of everything i buy from ebay and retail on my mego buys .from FTC,Bif bang pow and the new megos at retail,i got notebooks of all .also i
                record my buys on a calander and took lots of pics ( have a whole stack printed out ) especially on the new megos at target .if i knew how to post pics (which i still havent learned yet)i would show a pic of the
                two figures .i am no expert ,but i did find them at retail .heres the story .back in sept i found 1 frankie gorn and samantha ,that was the 30th nothing great as for number at that time .i went back on the way to
                work and saw that there were 2 of each frankie,gorn and sam again .i wanted a loose of each ,noticed franky was #1 .i useally dont care about numbers .but lower are better .my first thought was yeah right what are the odds.
                this was at mall 205 target port ore .i live a short distance away .then the very next week on oct 11th i stop by the cascades target ,i was looking for the other characters in wave 2 .and again they had gotten in
                2 of each characters of frankie gorn and sam .i already had them ,wasnt going to buy ,noticed frankie was #2 .my first though was someone must be messing with collectors by wiping numbers off ,cause the odds
                were like "yeah sure" .doesnt make sense someone would do this ,but who knows ?. but i bought it anyways .now mall 205 was getting a lot of frankensteins once or twice a week with gorn and sam .the frankies were
                rather low numbers i saw a #19 # 28 ,that sort of thing ,i bought #28 cause the card was better and it was during that $ 11.99 20% off deal .i didnt buy any more frankies.leave them for someone else .Lonnie reported
                finding low numbers as well ,i believe he found a #9 for example .since i read on this mego museum about numbers being wiped out ,i didnt think all these were true at first .for some reason ,whatever reason
                Portland ore got a lot of frankensteins gorns and sam .205 must have gotten 20-25 boxs from sept 30th till jan 4th ,which is the last time i saw those out.frankie always sold out in a day or so ,the longest
                i saw him at any time was 3 days,gorn about 2 weeks and sam you can still get there .now i bought 6 total .Lonnie bought a few .i cant prove in a court of law that i found #1 & # 2 .but with all that activity with these targets in portland ,and i went to 4 at different times and saw frankies a lot .Lonnie more so .and i took a lot of pics .so until an expert tells me otherwise ,i guess i got # 1 # 2 .its just sad that someone bought a fake for $300 .
                i would never ever buy such a thing on ebay ,if its to good to be true,it probably is ,in my case ,at retail who really knows ,however the odds of a fake are far less .also when mirror set # 2 came out at 205 ,i asked this
                kid employee if he had any other single carded megos on his stock cart ?,he said no,but then said yes and opened a box ,more frankies,gorns and sams .i bought 1 franky ,he wasnt a to low number ,but that was the
                last one i bought ,and got a box that they were shipped in .that was oct 25th .

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

ps #1 frankie was found on oct 3rd .i forgot to put that in

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

More proof that these collectible numbers are just a fool's game.

Comment

• Creature Of The Wheel
                      • Aug 26, 2018

While reading this thread The Prisoner intro started running thru my brain.
                      " Well now...seems just like old times."

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Creature Of The Wheel
                        While reading this thread The Prisoner intro started running thru my brain.
                        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
                          • Oct 15, 2018

Did anyone report the seller? There is proof out there that the auction was fraudulent, it shouldnt be too hard to get the auction negated, the buyer refunded and the seller banned.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

I did, but I don't think they cared.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              I did, but I don't think they cared.
                              eBay doesn't care as long as they get their percentage of the sale, which in this case was a nice chunk of change,
                              kind of like being an accessory to the crime, but since there the judge and jury, etc etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎