Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registration is open for Mego Meet 15 - June 14th-15th, 2019 in scenic Columbus, Ohio

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

I tried that but no dice unfortunately. The same thing happened last year, and when I called, it worked and they gave me the Meet rate, but this time the lady on the phone said that there were no more available at that rate, but I could keep trying to call to see if any more open up. Oh well, if I have to end up paying an extra fifty bucks or so because I procrastinated, that's on me. Thanks for the advice though!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I have never gotten the MegoMeet rate and that's sad because I totally know before any of you. Stupid procrastination.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Whoa, you are way more organized and regimented than I am, so that surprises me.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by cjefferys
          Whoa, you are way more organized and regimented than I am, so that surprises me.
          As the absolute worst of the Procrastibators, thank goodness you and Scott let me crash in your rooms for one night each last year, after the hotel had no rooms left. Y'all are good friends.

Ridiculously happy you're coming again this year.
          (also ridiculously happy that Scott's got us all organized for this year's Meet)
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

I also procrastinated and missed the block. Had an incredibly difficult time contacting them. When I finally got through they had such a terrible connection I opted to just go through their reservation call site rather than direct to the hotel.

After being told block was full chose to book next door at Quality Inn. It was about 1/2 the price and looks to be walking distance away. Didn't notice last year. It is across from Waffle House. Guess I'll see Austin every morning.

So flight, hotel, car, registered for Meet. In on Thursday morning, out on Sunday early. So about 6 weeks to go. See you there.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by samurainoir
              As the absolute worst of the Procrastibators, thank goodness you and Scott let me crash in your rooms for one night each last year, after the hotel had no rooms left. Y'all are good friends.

Ridiculously happy you're coming again this year.
              Right back at you buddy! Err, you've got a room this year, right?

Comment

• WannabeMego
                Made in the USA
                • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by cjefferys
                Finally booked my room.
                Awesome!!!
                Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

I had a different type of procrastination, but it's been taken care of. It seemed like there was never a good time to book my flight/car. I finally said "screw it" as I did not want to pay more at the last minute or worse be stuck driving again. Luckily I did not wait too long and rates were still pretty low.

Comment

• Adam West
                    Museum CPA
                    • Apr 14, 2003

I promise to get to a Mego Meet (hopefully next year) so I can finally meet all of you. I am going to be in Italy this year during Mego Meet. So planning on next year and have an S.O. that I did not previously have who is likes my collection (she doesn't collect) but supports my collecting habits and appreciates it.
                    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by WannabeMego
                      Awesome!!!
                      Looking forward to seeing you again, sir!

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

I'll be in Columbus THursday morning to possibly check out toy/comic shops prior to check in at 3PM. This Meet is going to he HUGE.
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• noelani72
                          27inaleon
                          • Jun 25, 2002

getting down to the wire - i have totally lost where we all left off on discussing the vendor licenses....since I got my tax ID for Illinois, I really dunno if I have to have one for Ohio now. When I filed my taxes for my "business" it has sections for out-of-state sales..

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by noelani72
                            getting down to the wire - i have totally lost where we all left off on discussing the vendor licenses....since I got my tax ID for Illinois, I really dunno if I have to have one for Ohio now. When I filed my taxes for my "business" it has sections for out-of-state sales..
                            If you are selling like a garage sale no permit needed.

If you are making retail sales at a convention or festival, generally the state requires tax to be collected.
                            You can get a permanent $25 vendor's permit here:

And note: this is on the honor System. The state is not going to come and find you.

Comment

• haggis
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 17, 2008

Dang it! Waited too long to book the reserved rooms. Time to formulate Plan B! 😉
                              No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Got a room booked somewhere, plane tickets bought, and registered today for the meet! I'm thinking about getting a table...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎