Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Registration is open for Mego Meet 15 - June 14th-15th, 2019 in scenic Columbus, Ohio

all good points.
    I have a couple items I am planning to bring - if they sell, they sell, if not, I am not sweating it....or the MegoSuite will be one helluva happening place this year haha.

I don't want to cause the boards any grief by not getting the license - I don't know what it entails, what it costs, what it means on my taxes, but dang - if I have to get a CPA to figure out taxes on five Pennywise action figure one-of-a-kind customs...well, I am going to charge/write-off hollywood-rate production costs for the design, the seamstress work, the manufacture and declare a financial loss.....all for a figure that is a bootleg at the end of the day. Even at $175 per figure I am going to break even ($100 per in just the suit alone and that's no lie. Wait till I unveil it!). We don't do it for the money, we do it to have a keepsake from one of our brothers or sisters. Mego Meet is not like other toy shows....

Images
    it is not too complicated to get. it costs $25. It does not need renewed annually. I actually have a vendor's license for my business. i could present it if asked. if someone intends to claim sales they should collect 7.5% on sales and remit to ohio dept tax.

vendors license and sales tax remit on https://gateway.ohio.gov/wps/portal/...ssGateway/Home

If I read them correctly those of us coming from outside of Ohio would fall under the UT 1000 application which is free... Someone correct me if Iím wrong

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboykev View Post
    If I read them correctly those of us coming from outside of Ohio would fall under the UT 1000 application which is free... Someone correct me if I’m wrong
    transient vendor is still $25. The vendor license is the small cost and minor headache. the bigger issue is collecting and remitting sales tax.

Images
    Type3Toys is booked.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by Brue View Post
    transient vendor is still $25. The vendor license is the small cost and minor headache. the bigger issue is collecting and remitting sales tax.
    So any reporting of sales is Done via the honor system??? Is it safe to assume that?

Images
    On a different note (if anyone cares, lol). I've made the final decision to fly in this year. I'd love to to display some of my collection and I know some people would like to see it. But after last year's calamity driving, playing it safe this year wins out. Also with the show growing larger (it's not just us anymore) I'm not going to feel comfortable leaving a table with thousands of $ of WGSH unattended. Also don't want to field unsolicated offers. Hopefully no one takes offense to that. But I know how difficult it is for a collector to see something you want right in front on you and not at least make an offer. No best way to deal with that is avoid it all together.

Images
    So any reporting of sales is Done via the honor system??? Is it safe to assume that?
    exactly!

Images
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brue View Post
    exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    Well Suffice to say as someone born and raised in the streets of the Bronx I have never attended any Boy Scout Meetings... and No Background checks!!! lol