Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Night of the Creeps Tom Atkins

Alright, this one I want!

Also great for any The Fog customs…..

Night creeps n.jpg
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Can I dremmel off the signature Atkins mustache and make him into the cantankerous father from Creepshow?

I got to meet Tom twice at a couple cons, and he is all you'd hope him to be. We saw him leaving with his handler, waved to him, and he said goodbye to me and my brother by name! The dude took the time to remember our names. He's a legend in my book.

Night of the Creeps, being a Fred Dekker movie, is a lot of fun. It also is multi tonal. It is the fun 80s horror comedy you'd expect, and yet it's the strange got a melancholy noir detective angle you wouldn't expect.

At least he didn't throw my comic in the garbage.

Last edited by Hedji; Feb 7, '19, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

how much do Neca figs retail for? All I can see when I look at that overcoat is John Constantine.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

This figure is only available in the Scream Factory bundle with the poster and blu ray. It is $69.99 shipped.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

out of the realm of custom parts then. I guess I will have to go back to my old plan of sewing one up myself. That is a great looking figure and textiles, tho. I don't know that I have ever watched that film. I will have to put that in my que.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

A favorite film, and a favorite actor.
            Will have to make an extra effort to get one, though...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Could also make a nice Commissioner Gordon...

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I caved and ordered. Just can't pass up Tom Atkins.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

Would buy it if it was separate. Love his performance in that movie in particular. He plays the part so well. He really elevated the material.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Yes he did... Although the movie itself is very strong 80s horror. But Tom Atkins truly is at his best here. Wow, it would be cool if they could do another one with him now, but...

He's just one of those character actors that you can't help but love. Too bad he didn't have more to do with Kurt Russell in Escape from New York. But you gotta love how easy it is for him to go to bed with Jamie Lee Curtis and Stacey Nelkin in Halloween III and the Fog.

Incidentally, Mr. Atkins will be appearing at the Creepshow Reunion along with Adrienne Barbeau this June in Pittsburgh. I will likely be going. Sadly it's the same weekend as Mego Meet. Tom and Adrienne were in Creepshow, the Fog, and Escape from New York... but never shared screen time together in any of them!

Comment

• newlyknighted
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 21, 2010

That's so cool you have been able to meet him Hedji. I bought this bundle. I love this Night of the Creeps movie, and Tom as an actor. He makes Halloween III so enjoyable for me. I'm hoping Scream Factory does more releases like this. I would love to have a retro cloth Jamie Lee Curtis from the first Halloween, Adrienne Barbeau from Escape from NY, or any actors from The Thing.
                      I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Thank you. And yes, there's a certain Carpenter magic that surrounds all of those actors you mentioned. Real movie magic.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎