Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night of the Creeps Tom Atkins

Images

Night of the Creeps Tom Atkins

Alright, this one I want!

Also great for any The Fog customs…..

Night creeps n.jpg
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Can I dremmel off the signature Atkins mustache and make him into the cantankerous father from Creepshow?

I got to meet Tom twice at a couple cons, and he is all you'd hope him to be. We saw him leaving with his handler, waved to him, and he said goodbye to me and my brother by name! The dude took the time to remember our names. He's a legend in my book.

Night of the Creeps, being a Fred Dekker movie, is a lot of fun. It also is multi tonal. It is the fun 80s horror comedy you'd expect, and yet it's the strange got a melancholy noir detective angle you wouldn't expect.

At least he didn't throw my comic in the garbage.

Last edited by Hedji; Feb 7, '19 at 12:03 PM.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

how much do Neca figs retail for? All I can see when I look at that overcoat is John Constantine.

This figure is only available in the Scream Factory bundle with the poster and blu ray. It is $69.99 shipped.

out of the realm of custom parts then. I guess I will have to go back to my old plan of sewing one up myself. That is a great looking figure and textiles, tho. I don't know that I have ever watched that film. I will have to put that in my que.

Images
    A favorite film, and a favorite actor.
    Will have to make an extra effort to get one, though...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Images
    Could also make a nice Commissioner Gordon...

I caved and ordered. Just can't pass up Tom Atkins.

Images
    Would buy it if it was separate. Love his performance in that movie in particular. He plays the part so well. He really elevated the material.

Yes he did... Although the movie itself is very strong 80s horror. But Tom Atkins truly is at his best here. Wow, it would be cool if they could do another one with him now, but...

He's just one of those character actors that you can't help but love. Too bad he didn't have more to do with Kurt Russell in Escape from New York. But you gotta love how easy it is for him to go to bed with Jamie Lee Curtis and Stacey Nelkin in Halloween III and the Fog.

Incidentally, Mr. Atkins will be appearing at the Creepshow Reunion along with Adrienne Barbeau this June in Pittsburgh. I will likely be going. Sadly it's the same weekend as Mego Meet. Tom and Adrienne were in Creepshow, the Fog, and Escape from New York... but never shared screen time together in any of them!