X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Bob Hall Scarlet Witch commsion

The Scarlet Witch has been on my character want list for commisions for a few years now. The problem? The artists I can think of either weren't going to happen (John Byrne/George Perez) for different reasons. Byrnes rep was pleasant enough, but I feel in the end he was too many people regularly paying four figures for his commisions, he wasn't going to fit in my "lower-end" request. Also I wanted a specific version: the "classic" 70's/early 80's look. Recently the light bulb went off: The penciller of The Avengers when I first started really getting into it around 1984 was Bob Hall. His commisions were not only extremely affordable but done though Catskill comics who are very reliable. Very pleased with the result.

hallsc by Mike Parker, on Flickr
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Great artwork there Mike. If I remember correctly Hall followed that really bad Infantino run on Avengers if I am not mistaken. When I see stuff like this it makes me more and more inclined to believe that ageism is alive and well in the Comic Book industry. I'd rather see this than the utter crap that some of the artists are dishing out these days in comic books. Congrats on this beautiful piece.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, really nice! I always liked Bob Hall's stuff. He was the artist on the first few Avengers I ever bought!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Congrats Mike, that's really cool.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

It’s great and truly has that late 70’s/early 80’s look.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

That's a really nice piece by a fabulously underrated artist. If you really want to catch him in all his glory, check out Marvel Graphic Novel #27 "Emperor Doom" written by David Michelinie, with art and colors by Bob Hall and inks by Bill Oakley. After thinking about it, it would have been a great way to have brought Doctor Doom into the MCU without even mentioning the FF (although they are referenced briefly in the graphic novel).
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

that is a beaut!
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎