X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Shazam toy spoilers.

I wonder if these characters are actually in the movie or are just for the toy line?

It looks like some of Mattel's 6" Scale Shazam! Movie Figures have begun to hit shelves. Twitter user @marymarvel has shared some photos of the figures in the store. There are potential SPOILERS in the way of unannounced characters, so don't read any further if you'd like to avoid seeing anything before the movie hits....
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Ah crap, this looks like a major story spoiler.

I totally would have looked at these toys so i'm not bitter but maaaaaaannn!
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

The toys are starting to hit stores so spoilers are going to be kinda hard to avoid at this point. But just to be safe for anyone that doesn't want to know, don't click the link.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Thunder punch Shazam looks pretty cool.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

My son already spoiled this aspect of the movie for me.
          sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

I thought this was already common knowledge.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
              I thought this was already common knowledge.
              It was news to me. I hadn't followed the movie past the trailers.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

It's pretty much straight out of the new52 Shazam update by Geoff Johns that the movie is taking most of its cues from, so it's not a surprise if you've read those stories. I am not a particular fan of that update, which is why I am not really excited by this movie.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• torgospizza
                  Theocrat of Pan Tang
                  • Aug 19, 2010

I've really been hoping--and I'm pretty sure it's a long shot--that Hot Toys produces a Shazam figure. I'd like a really nice 1/6 scale Shazam.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Johns always seems to do multiple versions of the same character in his comic runs. Didn't realize the movie may follow some of that, ugghh.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MRP
                      It's pretty much straight out of the new52 Shazam update by Geoff Johns that the movie is taking most of its cues from, so it's not a surprise if you've read those stories. I am not a particular fan of that update, which is why I am not really excited by this movie.

-M
                      Yeah, I'm with you on the New52 Shazam update. I didn't realize the film was going to follow it quite so slavishly. Sigh.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

I got a 13" DC Direct Shazam and its pretty nice,might be cheaper to find on ebay then awaiting one from hot toys,unless you want a movie version.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^That 13" Capt. Marvel is terrific, even with the tan boots.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Yeah, I'm with you on the New52 Shazam update. I didn't realize the film was going to follow it quite so slavishly. Sigh.
                            The scene with the robbery at the convenience store and getting snacks as a reward that's in one of the early trailers is straight out the Johns comic, right after Billy uses the adult body he becomes as the "hero" to try to buy beer for his underage foster siblings...among the many bits on the Johns update that makes me cringe every time I see it.

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I nabbed a true-moves Shazam at Walmart, no sign of Nu52 Sivana but that's OK.
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 16, '19, 7:18 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎