Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long shot question about an old tv show...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Long shot question about an old tv show...

My oldest daughter started talking about a tv show we watched, sometime in the 1990s, and I just can’t remember the name of the show. It was an afternoon kids show, half hour I’m pretty sure.

Seemed like a kind of Power Rangers rip-off. Cheesy effects. The title was derivative of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. One common set was the kitchen of one of the teens.

Think it only lasted a season or two, maybe.

It’s one of those fuzzy memories that camps out in the periphery of my mind, just beyond reach.

Or did we dream it?
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Tattooed teenage alien fighters from beverly hills?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• YoungOnce
      Career Member
      • Aug 29, 2007

Thats it!

That’s just crazy... how does anybody remember that?

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by YoungOnce

That’s just crazy... how does anybody remember that?
        Hah, yeah, I'm a wealth of useless pop culture trivia up to around the mid 90s. After that I have no idea.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Good job, Werewolf! I read through the description, but had no clue. Then, I read a post further and the mystery is solved. Impressive.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

I sadly admit to watching this sometimes, horrible show

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I remember that one, it was like the Krofft's decided to do Power Rangers. I couldn't stop watching.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megoat
                A Therefore Experience
                • Jun 10, 2003

I don’t remember this at all but looks awesome!

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Wow, this looks like a rabbit hole I'd get lost in real fast. For some reason, its giving me a Space Giants vibe.
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I remember it was a strange parody of Power and Rangers and the super sentai genre. Unlike PR, the kids didn't get along and the Zordon mentor type character cared nothing of their well-being. It was cheap looking, terrible on purpose and very self aware.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I don't recall this at all, but I'm sad and angry that it received a dvd release instead of Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 5, '19, 7:20 PM. Reason: spelling
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 29, 2007

Yeah, shortly after Werewolf put me on the right trail, I found it on Amazon... my daughters birthday is in June but we may have to go ahead and watch it when it comes in.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎