Thread: Toy-Ventures 7: Robot Man with Four Faces

Plaid Stallions Toy-Ventures 7: Robot Man with Four Faces

This week's installment of Toy-Ventures is all about the wonderful and weird Maskatron knock off from France called "Robot Man with Four Faces" one of the more blatant (and charming) rip-offs I've ever encountered as a collector.

Visit us online at www.plaidstallions.com

Twitter: @plaidstallions

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel:

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

I never knew this existed. You have to love the French for their insistence on a different dollar investment value, and name adjustment of Steve Austin. This is just one of the many reasons why I keep coming back to this website daily. Great story. Thanks for sharing.
    I post in thy general direction!

Blog Entries
    Actually someone pointed out to me today that it was also available on an english card. Where did he find the image? Sigh....the Mego Museum forums...

51360197_10156424305089775_3612744902472892416_n.jpg

Images
    THIS video got my attention. Looking forward to watching it after work tonight. Always thought this figure was cool for a variety of reasons.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

everytime I see this figure I want one just for the ape mask. Kid me would have had a heyday making up stories with that figure.

You know I loved this video!!!! Cool stuff for sure! A few points about this figure. I never noticed but yours MIP has unique boots. The ones I have owned have either had the black or white lace up boots. My white ones came from France. I also have the suit in green and not blue, anyone else seen this? GREAT FIGURE!!!! Oh... if anyone has an extra apemask for sale or trade let me know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutron X View Post
    You know I loved this video!!!! Cool stuff for sure! A few points about this figure. I never noticed but yours MIP has unique boots. The ones I have owned have either had the black or white lace up boots. My white ones came from France. I also have the suit in green and not blue, anyone else seen this? GREAT FIGURE!!!! Oh... if anyone has an extra apemask for sale or trade let me know.
    Yeah I just noticed the boot thing myself, I have seen the different coloured outfits, I guess they did a few runs of these?

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Yeah I just noticed the boot thing myself, I have seen the different coloured outfits, I guess they did a few runs of these?
    Not sure if variations are a distribution thing. My white boots came from France with a figure, now sold. My current Action Robot Man came from Italy, and green outfit came from Italy with another arm variation. No boots so matched previous figure's look. I hadn't seen uniform variations other than shades of blue before finding the green suit. I think this KO did well enough to get marketed in at least 4 countries, USA, Canada, France and Italy are my guesses.