X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Championship fishing with Virgil Ward

Or weird crap that gets stuck in your head when you have a headache and insomnia part 2.

The theme song from this was fighting with the Zamfir commercial and the original HBO intro from the 80s for dominance in my brain.

My Dad used to watch this show every Sunday when I was a kid.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

yup, same here. It was typical programming in rural Illinois.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Yikes!!!!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        yup, same here. It was typical programming in rural Illinois.
        I wonder if this even aired outside of the Midwest. Probably not.

Originally posted by Marvelmania
        Yikes!!!!
        Hah, that's nothing. I once had the theme from the Flintstones stuck my head for an entire week. It burned!!
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

not sure, I moved to FLA in 84 and I can assure you it did not air here.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            not sure, I moved to FLA in 84
            That had to have been quite a culture shock.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

kinda, got to go to an actual comic shop tho instead of the drug store. Went from a school of hundred plus to a thousand or so.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Canada had Red Fisher, which John Candy parodied as "Gil Fisher" on SCTV, it made me laugh that NBC was playing a parody of something that local.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

We had Bill Dance, but I don't recall him having an earworm of a theme song.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎