X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions MiniSode 5: Dick Miller!

We're back with another mini (well it's an hour, we can talk) and we're spending this time talking about the recently deceased character actor and genre veteran, Dick Miller who played "Walter Paisley" a whole bunch!

We try to stay on subject but if you've ever listened to us, you know how that goes.

Topics include Roger Corman's soothing voice, The Terminator, The Burbs, Jason's experience at the Stan Lee memorial, Chopping Mall, Brian has never seen Gremlins, Twilight Zone, V, Mego, Marty Abrams, Gary Sandy and Dinner Theatre souvenirs.

Please Enjoy and we have a new PodStallions Facebook group, please join us.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I watched Hollywood Boulevard the other day in honor of Dick Miller. It's not a film you hear mentioned a lot, but it is an early Joe Dante film, which makes use of lots of Roger Corman stock footage. Miller has a really great role as a talent agent, and gets lots of screen time. Not for the whole family, but it's sort of a rare blu ray you can get here at Hamilton Books:

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/hollywood-boulevard

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Fun, extra-rambling episode.

Fun fact: Gary Sandy is from my hometown of Cynthiana, Ky. He still has family here and visits occasionally. About 15 years ago, I saw him shopping the produce at the local Food Lion grocery. I recognized him, but just left him alone, because 1, he was just shopping for bananas, and 2, I had no idea what to say to him anyway.

About 5 years ago the local theater put on a radio play version of A Christmas Carol, and Sandy starred as Ebeneezer Scrooge. It was a big deal for our town, and was a very good show! Unfortunately, no commemorative glasses were produced.

Also, I met Loren Lester a few months ago at a con in Louisville, and he was a super cool guy. I haven't seen Rock n' Roll High School in decades, so I didn't recall he was in it!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

^ Great pic!

I can't believe Brian hasn't seen Gremlins!!!

I can't believe I haven't seen Rock N Roll High School!!!

Our family has no commemorative dinner theatre glasses. BUT, we do have what my mother calls the "Riddler Punch Bowl", which is a crystal punch bowl my parents won at some dinner theater they went to when Frank Gorshin came to town sometime after Batman but before me.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎