Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I also liked Affleck, but I'm fine with a younger Actor if they're starting over with "The Batman." Since it also looks like Henry Cavill is done with Supes, I can see why a Re-Boot might be in order. Just hope they NAIL the casting! One rumor around WB offices is Jack O'Connell...he looks the part, I'd be cool with an Irishman playing Batman.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Good grief no, I’m sorry, he’s Tom Cruise’s height...only 5’ 7”...sorry, no...

I want my Batman to be towering and terrifying...well over six foot...
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
        I also liked Affleck, but I'm fine with a younger Actor if they're starting over with "The Batman." Since it also looks like Henry Cavill is done with Supes, I can see why a Re-Boot might be in order. Just hope they NAIL the casting! One rumor around WB offices is Jack O'Connell...he looks the part, I'd be cool with an Irishman playing Batman.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...7740?s=594x594
        If some emo hipster is your ideal Batman he'd be great. BTW, Cavill is not done as Supes. I really liked the older world weary take that Affleck brought. Just say no to the Hollywood pretty boys.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
          Good grief no, I’m sorry, he’s Tom Cruise’s height...only 5’ 7”...sorry, no...

I want my Batman to be towering and terrifying...well over six foot...
          HE could stand on boxes like Cruise does. Lol. Oh and Keaton did as Batman.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
            I liked Affleck as Batman but I'm totally zen with a new actor, Batman is sort of like that.
            agreed

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Didn't realize Jack O'Connell was so short, but I'd prefer someone taller as well. Don't know where T-Bolt gets the emo stuff, I don't know anything about the guy personally, but I guess Joes up on that kinda stuff I do hope Henry Cavill isn't done though...he's a GREAT Superman, despite being short and all.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Cavilli 6’ 1”, so at least he’s a six footer, lol. But yeah, Supes should be at least 6’ 4”...like Chris Reeve was...
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  HE could stand on boxes like Cruise does. Lol. Oh and Keaton did as Batman.
                  My name is Mini-Batman with tiny Pee-wee Herman shoulders...

But in all fairness, at least he still was taller than Jack O'Connell...

sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

Liked Affleck well enough. Certainly not the issue with the deeply flawed movies he appeared in. Honestly, as long as they cast a good actor, with the right look and size, I’m good. There’s actually a lot of guys that could pull it off.

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

actor rumors:

I heard a Jonas brother wanted to do it. could be internet myth. either way, it won't happen
                      I heard James Pattison (twilight) - I didn't like twilight -I am not the correct demographic. I actually can see tis working.
                      anyone else?

read this on a fan page on people they want:
                      Ever since Jon Hamm played the dark and brooding role of Don Draper on Mad Men, fans have been rallying for him to play Batman. Though rumors have been circulating for years, Hamm just recently revealed that he has never had a conversation about the possibility. However, he did say he would be interested, if the script was good.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

I guess a holdup has been the age of the character. WB wants someone mid-30's, Reeves wants 20ish. Scott Eastwood is still the best answer to me.

This is interesting. Scott Adkins reading lines from TDKR.

It goes to show Adkins was a better choice than Affleck. WB was so afraid of losing Ben, they burnt the house down. No wonder Affleck personally imploded.

Full article with Adkins

Before Affleck donned the cape and cowl in Batman v Superman, martial arts actor Scott Adkins (Boyka: Undisputed, Accident Man, Ninja) was one of the

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                          Didn't realize Jack O'Connell was so short, but I'd prefer someone taller as well. Don't know where T-Bolt gets the emo stuff, I don't know anything about the guy personally, but I guess Joes up on that kinda stuff I do hope Henry Cavill isn't done though...he's a GREAT Superman, despite being short and all.
                          Look at the pic you linked to. If that doesn't scream hipster emo jackwagon I don't know what does. I really have no interest in a teenage looking Bruce Wayne.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Look at the pic you linked to. If that doesn't scream hipster emo jackwagon I don't know what does. I really have no interest in a teenage looking Bruce Wayne.
                            Do you realize you said almost the same thing Joe, when I picked Henry Cavill for Superman(long before WB did)...do you still feel the same about Cavill as Supers? That said, I didn't pick O'Connell...he's just one of the names that came up.

hedrap mentioned Scott Eastwood, you've called him a pretty boy too...are you looking for them to cast somebody who's ugly? Because in the comics, pretty much every Artist draws the Hero(Batman, Superman, etc...)as the perfect specimen. I guess it's fair to call Chris Evans a pretty boy too? But DAMN...I can't think of a more PERFECT casting decision then that(I picked him too before Marvel did). Evans IS CAPTAIN AMERICA!! Nuff Said!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Here's the latest casting rumor.

A new rumor suggests Warner Bros. is looking at Cosmopolis star Robert Pattinson to replace Ben Affleck as Batman.
                              sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Pattinson repulses me, those Twilight movies--regardless of calfcake--were awful. I can't possibly imagine him as Batman or Wayne.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎