X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Next Batman Movie In 2021; No Affleck

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. is dating their next rendition of Batman for June 25, 2021. This is the one that Matt Reeves has been attached to as writer and director. Ben Affleck, we hear, will not be donning the Dark Knight’s tights after playing the Caped Crusader in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad and Justice League and that’s because this movie will focus on a younger Bruce Wayne.

Reeves boarded Batman in February 2017, taking over for Affleck who was originally set to direct off a script he wrote with DC’s Geoff Johns. Affleck, we understand has a busy plate: As Deadline exclusively broke he is starring in and producing the feature adaptation of Kate Alice Marshall‘s novel I Am Still Alive, which Universal won in a competitive bidding scenario. The two-time Oscar winner is also starring in the Warner Bros.’ Gavin O’Connor drama Torrance. Affleck worked hard on The Batman story, but knew he wasn’t the right one for this particular version. A search is underway for a new Dark Knight.

The Batman will not be based on Frank Miller’s Batman: Year One comic which is one of Reeves’ favorites in the Caped Crusader canon.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

That's great news. Not an Affleck fan, and the guy has too much baggage. I hope we get a Batman that's lighter in tone.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

The villain rumors are kind of a let down. Penguin's been mentioned, be nice if they could move forward a bit and try something new.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I liked Affleck as Batman but I'm totally zen with a new actor, Batman is sort of like that.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I strangely like Affleck as Batman despite pretty much hating the direction of the character in BvS. His light switch course correct at the end of the movie is just baffling, but I liked him in Justice League, despite not "earning" that sharp of a change.

But he's had one foot at the door for at least a year or more now. Not surprised to hear this.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
            I liked Affleck as Batman but I'm totally zen with a new actor, Batman is sort of like that.
            I feel like I can't fairly pass judgment on Affleck's Batman. The version in Superman vs Batman and Justice League was written (and probably directed) so poorly that I don't blame him.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
              Ditto...
              sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

What villain rumors?
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  What villain rumors?
                  Penguin for one, Hush is another (yawn), Riddler and the Court of Owls are on the short list. None of them do much for me, Riddler, Penguin have been done. Really dislike the whole Hush storyline so that's a dud for me. Court of Owls saw some exposure on Gotham. What happened to Deathstroke?
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Penguin for one, Hush is another (yawn), Riddler and the Court of Owls are on the short list. None of them do much for me, Riddler, Penguin have been done. Really dislike the whole Hush storyline so that's a dud for me. Court of Owls saw some exposure on Gotham. What happened to Deathstroke?
                    Done in 1992 and 95?
                    They can and should be used again. 25 years is a generation ago, let new fans enjoy the mythology.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Remake the 1966 Batman movie, but more gothic and dark, plus you get the 4 main villains, Gal Gadot as Catwoman?
                      she might look good in black and gold leather tights with claws and a whip.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I don't care what they do as long as fun is involved somewhere. Just, please, like you did with Aquaman, entertain me.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                          Done in 1992 and 95?
                          They can and should be used again. 25 years is a generation ago, let new fans enjoy the mythology.
                          I'd rather see something new and that won't draw comparisons to the past. Try out Clayface or Man-Bat.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

When has any Batman effort not drawn comparisons with the past? Man-Bat and Clayface are great ideas, however I'm not against another interpretation of Penguin. Dick Tracy-style mob boss? Yes, please. Perfect chance to intro a second-stringer as his henchman/bodyguard, too.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I’m all in for Man-Bat...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎