X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Marvel Heroes : Live and In Person

I went to one of these as a kid (at my local Woolco) and my mum exposed all the film. This lead me with an obsession to finding another kid who has photos of this event and to the creation of my next book "Mall of Justice". If you have photos of an event like this and a story, I want to hear from you!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Nicely done print ad, coordinating specific toys of the characters appearing in person. I can only imagine.

Saw Batman and Robin do a safety in the home show at my local mall, back in the late 70s. Despite the fact that my Dad worked at Eastman Kodak, by the time I had come around (the 4th child), they sort of stopped taking many photos, so I only have my memories.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I've long lamented there are no photos of the Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin battle I witnessed at Hill's in Lexington, Ky. If only my Mom took her Polaroid and caught Spidey backflipping onto that clothing rack...

I at least still have my autograph sheet which both characters signed. I've shared that with Brian for future reference.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Forget Spiderman and Captain America I want to meet the Gnome said no child ever.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I've long lamented there are no photos of the Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin battle I witnessed at Hill's in Lexington, Ky. If only my Mom took her Polaroid and caught Spidey backflipping onto that clothing rack...

Chris
          What!? Egad, I'd have loved that, I was obsessed with the Green Goblin c.1976.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Werewolf
            Forget Spiderman and Captain America I want to meet the Gnome said no child ever.
            ^^ ^^

I'm pretty sure I've already shared my Batman meet at Two Guys. I thought it was at Six Flags, but that was a Marvel event. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures from that.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Djin
              • Feb 12, 2019

Anyone like puzzles toy like me?
              Last edited by Djin; Feb 15, '19, 4:15 AM.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

Along the same vein, I happened along a UK ad online for when Nicholas Hammond's 1978 Spider-Man was on TV: There were episodes put out as a movie in London, with a live Spider-Man (& " Spider-Mobile") appearance. I think stuff like this is oh-so-Cool.

From 1978: Coverage from the SPIDER-MAN weekly of a special suspiciously sexist cinema screening of the first (of three) Spidey faux f...

Comment

• Valor
                  • Aug 25, 2017

What Spiderman film was being shown? The CBS thing?

Comment

• Emgee
                    • May 5, 2009

We had the kinda 'pilot' opening episode movie here as a double bill with 'You Light Up My Life' in support. I went to the opening day's screening at our local cinema and a week or so before the truck with the artwork on the side went down our local high street with the guy in costume inside waving. He also appeared on a kid's Saturday morning programme called OUR SHOW and the irony was that when they showed a clip from the movie it was apparent that this promo guy looked way better than Hammond did in the actual show/movie. I grew to accept his outfit but this guy looked tons better. An interesting bit of trivia too is that when Henry Winkler was on the show to promote HAPPY DAYS along the desk in front of him and the presenters were a number of the Mego Fonzie dolls that as I recall were competition prizes. One of the presenters is now a big collector of Mego and also GI JOE/ACTION MAN.
                    Last edited by Emgee; Feb 18, '19, 8:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎