X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

The Batman Family & Foes

I was trying to add my 14" Mego Flash to the display and inadvertently knocked over my DC Universe Classics Metal Men figures... so it felt like a good time to pack them away and put up some FTC Batman figures!

Not the best picture, or probably the final placements, but here they are...

FTC Batman Family & Foes.jpg

It's a new Joker and Robin, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Purple Dress Catwoman on a Mego 2.0 body, black-suit Batgirl and a Super Friends Batman. I think, overall, FTC has done very well in giving us a pretty good Batman line-up.

I might swap Batgirl out with the gray suit version, but either version I choose, she is the weak link of the bunch. I might try and make a heavily customized version using a few of the FTC parts.

I need to compare Catwoman to one I have on the FTC body. I think the height of the FTC body might fit her better.

And Batman. I love the SF Batman. It's too bad the Wave 4 Batman came out so bad (and in 2015?!? Time just flies!), but SF Batman is really well done, overall. I may try to swap him to a Type S body though.

The rest are great. Ras' Al Ghul and Scarecrow were two of the good figures from Wave 4. The new Joker is very well done; excellent head sculpt. We needed a new Robin to take advantage of what was a giant noggin on the TT Robin body and he works out well on the skinny body. The green shorts were a bit loose though, so I swapped them out for something a little more snug.

I am really looking forward to adding the new Penguin and Riddler to the shelf. And anyone else FTC wants to add.
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

I also got all the ftc figures you have.and many others.looking forward to those two villians and the Lynda Carter 76 wonder women .swamp thing.and more super friends .and hawkman.ftc does good work

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

I agree on Batgirl...The First Appearance Black Batgirl is better. As soon as your Batgirl's cape is available I may buy it and swap it out to see how it looks on mine.

Catwoman I moved to a Retro Action Cheetah Body. Looks waaay better IMHO.
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

They look fantastic TRDouble!

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

Had this picture somehow come from a crystal ball but a few short years back, when the forum was young to me ~'97; or even back ~early 90s when I was falling back in love with my Megos, I would't have believed my eyes. This picture is pure cultural magic...present day, inexplicable magic. It makes me happy to be alive this far to see it all unfolding. I'm just So Thankful for the Mego legacy, living on and on and on. Your picture is deeply appreciated eye candy. Here is to many more years of Mego-y goodness.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by comicmike
            Had this picture somehow come from a crystal ball but a few short years back, when the forum was young to me ~'97; or even back ~early 90s when I was falling back in love with my Megos, I would't have believed my eyes. This picture is pure cultural magic...present day, inexplicable magic. It makes me happy to be alive this far to see it all unfolding. I'm just So Thankful for the Mego legacy, living on and on and on. Your picture is deeply appreciated eye candy. Here is to many more years of Mego-y goodness.
            Well said.

Comment

• argent007
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 7, 2005

Very nice looking set.
              My Updated Want List:
              Comic book original art
              1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
              Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by comicmike
                Right on!

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for the comments. We have been lucky and spoiled by the Mego-style goodness we have been gifted with in recent years; something that is not always apparent by some of the comments. FTC has been a HUGE part of the renaissance.

I need to figure out how to add a few other figures to the display, most notably Commissioner Gordon and Alfred. And what I want to do with Man-Bat. I need to decide if I should keep him as is, or try to figure out how to do a transfer/customized job to a Mego 2.0 Wolfman.

Here is an update: I swapped out black costume Batgirl for grey costume Batgirl, along with a belt swap. I like black costume Batngirl better, but the grey suit fits the display better. I also swapped out my Mego 2.0 Catwoman mod with an out-of-package, unmodified FTC Catwoman. When not suffering from being strung too tight, the FTC female figure is my favorite.

FTC Batman Family & Foes 2.jpg

I think I will convert this shelf to Mego-style figures. It's fun having these out and on display, along with the Batman TV Series figures, which I have displayed at work.

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

Both pics are *great*, IMO

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      Thanks for the comments. We have been lucky and spoiled by the Mego-style goodness we have been gifted with in recent years; something that is not always apparent by some of the comments. FTC has been a HUGE part of the renaissance.
                      I couldn't agree more - that's a great group shot. I'd like to think I am a decent customizer, and I couldn't beat that making figures by hand, one by one.

Comment

• Figure8
                        Museum Patron
                        • May 18, 2016

I just got the new Robin today and he is even better than in the picture! I'm really, really happy with this one, the sculpt is simply perfect. Redoing classic Megos only makes sense when you manage to improve on the original and FTC certainly delivers with this one. Although I kind of like their new Batman I still hope FTC will give it another try for the Outsiders line and we'll get a Caped Crusader that's as perfect as this Robin.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎