Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightmare on Elm Street Wes Cravens New Nightmare Freddy 8-Inch Cloth Action Figure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Nightmare on Elm Street Wes Cravens New Nightmare Freddy 8-Inch Cloth Action Figure

This time, staying awake won’t save you! Here comes Freddy Krueger cloth action figure from Wes Craven’s New Nightmare! The seventh film in the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise took the iconic character in a more menacing direction – closer to Craven’s original intentions for Freddy. The Nightmare on Elm Street Wes Cravens New Nightmare Freddy 8-Inch Cloth Action…

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Nice figure! I really enjoy this movie. My second favorite Nightmare after the first, or maybe third after the first and Dream Warriors.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I'm no Freddy fan but this sure is nice and I remember the movie being excellent too.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

It was ahead of it's time in a lot of ways. About as meta as you can get.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Yep, it pre-Screamed "Scream". I remember the promos emphasizing dialogue that said "Freddy has changed. He's meaner and scarier". And I think that worked to convince audiences that yes, this was not the wisecracker who was a guest VJ on MTV.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

So I'm confused... how are both NECA and Mego making 8 inch Elm Street figures? I figured the appearance of the Mego figure meant that the NECA license had expired.

Comment

• Streaky
              • Jan 6, 2019

Originally posted by sprytel
              So I'm confused... how are both NECA and Mego making 8 inch Elm Street figures? I figured the appearance of the Mego figure meant that the NECA license had expired.
              Yes a little insight? Maybe NECA is only doing 6-7 inch figures now

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Streaky
                Yes a little insight? Maybe NECA is only doing 6-7 inch figures now
                Guessing the license is more diverse than that. There's a bunch of NOES films. NECA has a broad license. They've already done NOES 1 Freddy in their "Mego" format.

There's also a great "mocumentary" that goes with this film. It really should be required viewing before watching the movie.

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

This figure looks way more detailed than anything else from Mego yet. Very impressive !

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I believe it's a similar situation as the KISS license with Mego and FTC. Mego has a mass market license, NECA has a specialty market license.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Maybe New Nightmare is separate from the previous line.

I'm a fan of Elm Street, not really this particular one, though. And Neca has made so many Freddy figures, a couple of new ones just out, that it doesn't really get me excited.
                      At this time, it's a "maybe"...
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Maybe my brain is tired, but aren't these photos from the Neca Freddy?
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          I believe it's a similar situation as the KISS license with Mego and FTC. Mego has a mass market license, NECA has a specialty market license.
                          Considering NECA is the one with the figures in stores, I'd say of anything it's the opposite.

But I'm guessing this license isn't as difficult to get as some others. NOES stuff is available in about 1000 formats.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎