X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbutsu
    Memory *is* RAM!
    • Apr 11, 2002

OH, you're such a JERK!

I saw the title of this thread and thought "Oh no, he's done so much to get his health on track and been through about everything you can think of over the years," and then I click on it, and it's like "oh, everything's fine (better than fine)."

DON'T DO THAT!
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

That's awesome. Congrats.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Duncan
        Museum focus-groupie
        • Jun 27, 2009

Nice job. I remember when you started, and some of the issues you were dealing with.

I also started working out almost 2 years ago because I could tell that I was dangerously out of shape (and as Triple H says, "Ïf you're not getting stronger, you're getting weaker.") I don't know my BP, glucose, or other #s, but I do know that I can now lift significantly more than I could in HS or even in my 20s when I worked out pretty often. I feel much better, too. I have a snowblower, but now I'd rather do this by hand to get in my cardio. I advise everyone our age to walk, lift, eat clean, etc., (with a Dr's advice). It just feels better.

snow.jpg

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Thanks, Werewofie...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by jimbutsu
              OH, you're such a JERK!

I saw the title of this thread and thought "Oh no, he's done so much to get his health on track and been through about everything you can think of over the years," and then I click on it, and it's like "oh, everything's fine (better than fine)."

DON'T DO THAT!
              sigpic

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Walking is my favorite means of exercise. I do a daily 3 mile walk after work and I take an old friend with me.

Got an earful from Curtis today and am expecting another tomorrow from Bowie. Walking (with an old friend) is the best.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

One day the great alien Queen Mother summons us back to the hive, until then, bbq & beasts! Congrats and live well.

Comment

• glimpy
                    Loco Chango
                    • Feb 5, 2012

Hey Brian remember those characters Goofus and Gallant? From that children's periodical Highlights my mother back in the 70s opened up a subscription for me.
                    Last edited by glimpy; Feb 4, '19, 11:08 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Treadwell
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Dec 31, 2018

A staple of the pediatrician's waiting room!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎