X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Best looking new Mego figures so far?

I was wondering what everyone thinks are the best looking figures so far.

My choices.

Ali. By far the best. The sculpt, the gloves, the robe, everything about it is fantastic.
    Bruce Lee
    Freddy Kruger. Can't stand the character but it is spot on.
    Nosferatu
    Bela Dracula both versions look great.
    8 inch Joe Namath
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

In 14" I think Flash is perfection. In 8" Mirror Sulu gets my vote.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      In 14" I think Flash is perfection.
      I think all the DC 14 inch figures are pretty nice. I don't think there is really a bad one in the set so far.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Cheers figures have great likenesses. Outfits and bodies aren't perfect, but they are all clearly recognizable.

Freddy and Nosferatu looks great, but will need to see them in hand first.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Dracula is hard to beat.

Big fan of Mirror Sulu and Chachi as well. Both fit right in with vintage lines.

Of wave 4, there's a lot of them but based on the pics seen thus far I'd say Freddy is the stand out.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Gorn's sculpt is still the tops. I think the paints on the blue Werewolf is going to make that hard to beat. Drac and Frank are very nice as is mirror Sulu.

Ali looks good, so does Lee. Kruger could be a honest game changer. If he looks that accurate in person, Mego will start drawing the Movie Maniacs/Neca crowd.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

The DC 14" are the first things that sprang to mind. Crimson Ghost did an excellent job on those head sculpts. Some of the best ever produced of the characters...who have no shortage of figures to chose from.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

The best looking one for me, across either scale, is The Flash.

I have a bunch of others that I would have to think hard to decide which I would call second-best. I have been very, very pleased with each one I have purchased.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  The DC 14" are the first things that sprang to mind. Crimson Ghost did an excellent job on those head sculpts. Some of the best ever produced of the characters...who have no shortage of figures to chose from.

Chris
                  Yep. 14" Flash gets my vote, with Superman and Green Lantern in close second.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

The DC 14" look great.

Monsters look great too; I got the full appreciation when I opened Frankenstein and posed him in his classic walking pose.

I hesitate to say Star Trek because they are just reused sculpts, minus Mirror Sulu (which is a modification). Some of the other sculpts are nice too, but aren't representative of who they are supposed to be. That said...

Bewitched may be a bit generic, but I think Samantha, Endora and Cousin Serena look great. I wish Mego would release a Darrin and Samantha two pack, with Samantha dressed in regular 60s style clothing.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      The DC 14" look great.

Monsters look great too; I got the full appreciation when I opened Frankenstein and posed him in his classic walking pose.

I hesitate to say Star Trek because they are just reused sculpts, minus Mirror Sulu (which is a modification). Some of the other sculpts are nice too, but aren't representative of who they are supposed to be. That said...

Bewitched may be a bit generic, but I think Samantha, Endora and Cousin Serena look great. I wish Mego would release a Darrin and Samantha two pack, with Samantha dressed in regular 60s style clothing.
                      Just for the record, Mirror Sulu is not a modification.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        I was just going to post that. All new sculpt, as the first original Mego Star Trek figure from the new company.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          I stand corrected!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I think The Flash is the best. Much like DST Daredevil, if I had seen an 8" version of that Flash when I was a kid--I'd have almost fainted. And the unique boots just knock it out of the park.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Drac so far. Nosferatu might beat him, tho
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎