Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best looking new Mego figures so far?

Images

Best looking new Mego figures so far?

I was wondering what everyone thinks are the best looking figures so far.

My choices.

Ali. By far the best. The sculpt, the gloves, the robe, everything about it is fantastic.
    Bruce Lee
    Freddy Kruger. Can't stand the character but it is spot on.
    Nosferatu
    Bela Dracula both versions look great.
    8 inch Joe Namath
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Blog Entries
    In 14" I think Flash is perfection. In 8" Mirror Sulu gets my vote.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    In 14" I think Flash is perfection.
    I think all the DC 14 inch figures are pretty nice. I don't think there is really a bad one in the set so far.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Cheers figures have great likenesses. Outfits and bodies aren't perfect, but they are all clearly recognizable.

Freddy and Nosferatu looks great, but will need to see them in hand first.

Images
    Dracula is hard to beat.

Big fan of Mirror Sulu and Chachi as well. Both fit right in with vintage lines.

Of wave 4, there's a lot of them but based on the pics seen thus far I'd say Freddy is the stand out.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Images
    Gorn's sculpt is still the tops. I think the paints on the blue Werewolf is going to make that hard to beat. Drac and Frank are very nice as is mirror Sulu.

Ali looks good, so does Lee. Kruger could be a honest game changer. If he looks that accurate in person, Mego will start drawing the Movie Maniacs/Neca crowd.

Images
    The DC 14" are the first things that sprang to mind. Crimson Ghost did an excellent job on those head sculpts. Some of the best ever produced of the characters...who have no shortage of figures to chose from.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    The best looking one for me, across either scale, is The Flash.

I have a bunch of others that I would have to think hard to decide which I would call second-best. I have been very, very pleased with each one I have purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    The DC 14" are the first things that sprang to mind. Crimson Ghost did an excellent job on those head sculpts. Some of the best ever produced of the characters...who have no shortage of figures to chose from.

Chris
    Yep. 14" Flash gets my vote, with Superman and Green Lantern in close second.

The DC 14" look great.

Monsters look great too; I got the full appreciation when I opened Frankenstein and posed him in his classic walking pose.

I hesitate to say Star Trek because they are just reused sculpts, minus Mirror Sulu (which is a modification). Some of the other sculpts are nice too, but aren't representative of who they are supposed to be. That said...

Bewitched may be a bit generic, but I think Samantha, Endora and Cousin Serena look great. I wish Mego would release a Darrin and Samantha two pack, with Samantha dressed in regular 60s style clothing.