X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Andre the Giant: MegoMuseum Mint off Card Review

One more episode of “Mego Museum Mint off Card”, where we de-card a new Retro Figure and let you explore what’s inside. I know last week I said it MOC was going on hiatus but then I managed to get myself an Andre the Giant from wave four Target Exclusive series and thought we’d end…

More...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Nice review...I love the fact that you are able to look at these objectively for what they are.

I don't always like Mego's design choices or obvious cost cutting, but it's refreshing to watch a review that doesn't view the Mego style itself as "crap".
    Far too many reviewers out there hate these types of figures...and the ReAction style simply for being what they are.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

Far too many reviewers out there hate these types of figures...and the ReAction style simply for being what they are.
      That's a peeve of mine too, I remember reading a review of the Venture Bros figures that opened with "I am not a fan of the mego figure style" and then the author just trashed the figures. Seemed like a preforgone conclusion to me.

I don't the MOTU body style personally, so I'd never think to offer commentary on figures in that style because I'm terribly biased against them.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Great review, Brian! I will miss these and good choice to end the series.

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

I was happy to see a new MO(FF)C today! I was really enjoying this series. Glad to hear it’s not completely dead.

As for The Giant, I cant wait to pick him up. Hope they make George The Animal Steele!

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I'm not biased against the Mego style. I love it. Some of the new figures are amazing, like Bruce Lee, and some figures could be better, like Andre here. The body choice is fine. The head sculpt is, honestly, just a bit off and the belt could be nicer.

I'm not really a fan of WWF. But I still like Andre because of Princess Bride. Andre is really popular and there are tons of figures of him out there to choose from. I think this is one of those times they really had to nail the likeness and over all look of the figure to draw in his fans.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Remco Monster
              I was happy to see a new MO(FF)C today! I was really enjoying this series. Glad to hear it’s not completely dead.
              Thanks after 22 installments, i need a break. I'm just overwhelmed with stuff and I want to be buying stuff i like, not just to review things.

Some interesting stuff is coming down the pipeline and I'm sure I'll feel the urge to do it again when it arrives.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

I just don't get the complaints about height. Of all of the Wolverine action figures out there,I have yet to see a short version of him. Nobody complains about that.

Comment

• Treadwell
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Dec 31, 2018

Your videos are awesome. Your break is well deserved!

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

I especially appreciate the sincerity and authenticity in the tone of the video: I had to watch it twice in a row.

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by comicmike
                      I especially appreciate the sincerity and authenticity in the tone of the video: I had to watch it twice in a row.
                      Wow thanks! I approached it the best I could.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Great video. I'm personally a bit flummoxed by the figure, because I think the small arms and big head are odd, but I like the sculpt, and I dig the new packaging. But the video presentation was excellent as always. I look forward to your new endeavors, but I will miss this series a lot.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mego Milk
                          Custom Mego Maker
                          • Jun 3, 2007

I liked that!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢