Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

A Daredevil comic from the late 60's/early 70's I got a a garage sale. Couldn't tell you what issue it was. Bullseye was in it. Cliffhanger. Loved it, but didn't get another DD comic for 20 years.

First Comics purchased at a store were JLA around the time Firestorm and Zatanna joined.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^That might have been DD #131, March '76. I"m pretty sure that was Bullseye's first appearance, ending in a circus cliffhanger.

I have no idea what my first comic was--maybe a World's Finest dollar comic in fifth grade? I never had comics until I could buy them myself with my allowance.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        ^That might have been DD #131, March '76. I"m pretty sure that was Bullseye's first appearance, ending in a circus cliffhanger.

I have no idea what my first comic was--maybe a World's Finest dollar comic in fifth grade? I never had comics until I could buy them myself with my allowance.
        He was at a circus. I would have bought it in the mid 70's.

Even if I had hung on to it, it wouldn't have had cash value. -No cover. Well read.

Same here with needing to buy my own. That DD was a a nickle or so.

The JLA comics were late seventies I would buy one after reading most of the comics in the convenient mart.

Comment

• Obi
          • Feb 1, 2010

The first I remember buying was Superboy and the LSH #215 although I had read many before that. But this one is still special to me for many reasons.

215.jpg

Comment

• Brazoo
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 14, 2009

I had a bunch of random Gold Keys that my mom must have bought for me — or maybe random birthday gifts. Mostly cartoon ones and Twilight Zones - I assume they all came from those 3-pack polybags. This is an early non-Gold Key I remember clearly from one of those 3-packs because it scared the hell out of me:

The first comics I bought for myself were MAD Magazines - I honestly don't remember which ones. I think I started with the pocketbooks and I remember one that had The Excorsist re-printed in it because even the parody version really scared me.

This was the first superhero comic book I remember buying for myself. I HAD to have it just becuase of the cover. I couldn't believe Captain America was beaten so badly and I HAD to find out what happened:

Fantastic Four #238 was the comic that really hooked me.

I thought the cover was hilarious (I didn't know superhero comics could be funny) and the story was just weird enough to intergue me. To this day FF is my favourite superhero comic.
            Last edited by Brazoo; Jan 29, '19, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• bleit1701
              Career Member
              • Jan 1, 2009

Not sure it it was first but it's the first I remember.

I still have it. Had it autographed by Julius Schwartz and Murphy Anderson back in the day.

Better late than never.....

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

X-Men 90, got it at a convenience store on the way back from Laredo.

CCC.

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

well lets see ,my first comic i ever bought was HOT STUFF the little devil #100 back in 71 ,i was one little kid ,i got it cause it was bright colorful ,( AS ALL THE HARVEYS WERE) i didnt think of him as
                  a funny character even though he was ,he had cool superhero powers ,he can fly ,shoot flames out of his mouth and can turn invisible .he could take on ogers and giants ,witchs and ghost ETC.he ended up
                  in weird lands and all kinds of trouble .i still have all my hotstuffs ,i believe my first super hero comic book was the fantastic four #26 that i found at a barber shop at about the same time ,when i was
                  getting a haircut i didnt want .the barber said sit quietly and you can take it home .so i did .

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎