Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NECA 1962 Godzilla

Oh man, that's wonderful, especially the packaging, I'll need this.

Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post

Pretty much a deathblow to Bandai.
    I think Bandai will be ok, the US market represents a very small percent of their sales.

Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    The box art pretty much guarantees Kong. Otherwise, Toho wouldn't allow it.

Pretty much a deathblow to Bandai.
    Yeah the box art means nothing. Licensing products from that film or any Toho Kong stuff has lots of legal issues, none of which are Toho. I'm hopeful, but it's more complex than 66 Batman.

And Bandai has a Monsterart of the exact same figure coming out. If anything, Toho isn't playing favorites.

The Easter Bunny brought me one of these and I just opened it. I can't post photos. It's an impressive figure both in appearance and articulation. Godzilla is solid and weighty. The Heat ray blast is a nice extra and depending on how you place it in his mouth Godzilla can blast something on the ground or a closer closer to eye level. I hope there is a King Kong to go with this figure.
    Last edited by phil; Apr 23, '19 at 6:50 PM.

I picked this one up. Gorgeous classic Zilla.

I eagerly anticipate the 1956 poster deco.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    Does he make a "crunkle-crunkle" sound, when you move his arms up and down (as if he's flapping them like wings)? LOL!

Sorry...movie reference joke (a bad one, but still).

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Hehe, these figures have great articulation, but are limited by the suit designs.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)