Thread: 1980's GI Joe - Destro!

1980's GI Joe - Destro!

For years, maybe over a decade, I have been wanting to make a Destro Mego....but no heads really fancied me...until a few weeks ago.
    Rachael made a great Trek Ruk figure. When I saw that head, as my mind usually does, I saw the final product immediately.
    I messaged her, and she graciously sent me the head to modify.

My tools of choice:
    Milliput
    Toothpick
    Exacto Knife

I love Milliput. When that stuff cures, it's amazing.

I see another trifecta in my future. Destro, Cobra Commander, and Baroness.

WIP:

HipstamaticPhoto-570336918.307180.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 9.14.51 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 9.15.44 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 9.16.56 PM.jpg

Very cool. It will be great to see them complete.

wrapped up the head. Still on the fence with his eyes, but i put it in silicone tonight to make a mold. He was starting to get brittle in a couple thin spots.
    The Boy conjured up an on-the-fly collar to affix and finish off the mask.
    Did a test on one of the base-head-clones with the new Chrome paint I got in. Would make a good Silver Surfer for someone.

OriginalPhoto-570840395.642234.jpg

OriginalPhoto-570853367.428427.jpg

Images
    You have been busy! Destro is coming along nicely.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I like the modifications you did, looks really nice.

I hear the trick with the chrome paint is to let it cure for a week or so and then buff it. Is it hard to work with?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

the chrome paint is that acrylic stuff in a pen. It's pretty darn shiny ...almost too shiny. I am gonna have to black wash it first then highlight with the chrome or try a black wash after the fact...dunno yet, still experimenting.
    Cast a couple heads this am to see how they did and I was happy. Almost thinking about using one of my ZICA buff bodies from the Buck Rogers line...but I only have a few left - best better be right before I use one haha