Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Just seems weird to see Lex Luthor with a beard.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      Just seems weird to see Lex Luthor with a beard.
      That's not a beard. So powerful are this man's acting abilities, through sheer force of will, he shifted the hair from the top of his head to his face. He's that good.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Since we are on topic of the "good" parts of Superman IV... It has a cracking good score. Unlike Superman II and III which was Ken Thorne just arranging Williams' score to the first film, they actually got Williams back for Superman IV. He composed new themes for Nuclear Man, Lacy Warfield, and the little boy Jeremy. These themes were then utilized and the rest of the score written by Williams' orchestrator and legendary Star Trek composer Alexander Courage.

You'll hear similarities to other Williams compositions of that era like Indy 3, Sabrina, and Hook. But it's a lot of fun, and is definitely worth a listen if not a purchase:

https://lalalandrecords.com/superman...tion-2-cd-set/

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^True dat! I really like Courage's arrangement of the them from the opening of the movie!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

(*pushing up my geek glasses ) Actually, I think that arrangement was Williams'. It is very similar to one of the alternate Main Titles on the Superman the Movie recording sessions. But yes, the little differences are wonderful! All in all, I'd say it's pretty swell.

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

I heard about the New Lex Luthor a while back. I just think they'd have no idea what they're doing with the new Superman movie series. At any rate as someone mentioned can't be worse than Eisenberg. And it is always fun to see a connection with the Reeves Superman movies. Even if Jon Cryer's role was idiotic.

On a Superman for tangent discussion. The fox app of Superman that came out after returns, included deleted scenes from 4. With those scenes you actually made the movie make sense. As The Story Goes The Producers looked to break movie into to movies to maximize their investment. It just wanted making the movie make no sense. It deleted scenes also are fun because you realize the bad guy is really Bizarro. He's never called Bizarro, but clearly that is what they were going for.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

(*pushing up my geek glasses ) Actually, I think that arrangement was Williams'. It is very similar to one of the alternate Main Titles on the Superman the Movie recording sessions. But yes, the little differences are wonderful! All in all, I'd say it's pretty swell.
                Swell?

Good point. Williams' involvement in Superman IV seems to be kind of an unknown factor. Maybe he doesn't go around advertising it, considering how it turned out. He doesn't even mention it in some of the Blu-Ray set documentaries when they discuss the later films. He just says basically "I was busy, and my colleagues took the themes and ran with them".

Brue-

I think Nuclear Man 1.0 was very Bizarro like...which makes you wonder why they just didn't go with Bizarro to begin with? The only thing I hate about that footage is that HORRIBLE music and sound effect track they put behind it. I have to turn the sound down every time I watch it.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎