Not too excited about the 14" Wave 4.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Criadoman
    • Jun 9, 2016

For the new 52 figures, those are the designs the current toons are using. Suspect that has something to do with this release.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

So far everything you see on the Retail Site are Pre Production photos, Released versions have belts and Swords and Tridents and may even have different face sculpts

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

^^^Yeah! I've seen pics where Aquaman seem to have cloth gauntlets (a la Mattel retro action) instead of plastic molded gloves like Batman, Batgirl and Lex Luthor have. I hope it is just my vision and these are made of plastic like in the others.^^^

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

I saw the pics of the next wave of 14" DC Characters and I for one think they look great. I have seen the later pics with the utility belts added and they are really nice figures that I will definitely be adding to my collection.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
            IMO the new52 figures are a mistake. The target audience for these figures isn't interested in these versions of the characters, and if they don't sell well, I fear it could send a false message that nobody wants more DC characters. Even though they're not the "big three", I think classic versions of secondary characters like Firestorm, Hawkman, Red Tornado, Martian Manhunter, Dr. Fate, etc. will still outsell new52 versions of Batman or Superman and day.

I'd buy multiples of classic 14" Bizarro or Parasite before I'd buy one new52 Superman.
            I'd buy all the others you listed as well (especially Hawkman!) but respectfully, I am part of the target audience and I am very interested in these.

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Here's a pic of the wave posted by Mego Corp on Facebook as they prepare for Toy Fare...

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

That Joker looks amazing! REALLY like the screen printed shirt/vest combo. It cuts down on the bulk and makes for a better fitting jacket.

Aquaman looks pretty sweet too. I've picked up Superman and Flash so far and they're my favorite new Megos.

Comment

• Adam West
                  Museum CPA
                  • Apr 14, 2003

At the end of the day; they are going to produce the most well known figures that appeal to a broader audience than just collectors. Unless a movie has been made, chances are most kids and adults have no idea all of the superheros and villians. It will be interesting to see how the Stan Lee figures sell once they are made and whether or not MEGO will have smaller than 10,000 production runs due to lack of interest
                  "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                  ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Adam West
                    At the end of the day; they are going to produce the most well known figures that appeal to a broader audience than just collectors. Unless a movie has been made, chances are most kids and adults have no idea all of the superheros and villians. It will be interesting to see how the Stan Lee figures sell once they are made and whether or not MEGO will have smaller than 10,000 production runs due to lack of interest
                    Do we know that they are limited to 10K I thought just the initial Target one was.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎