X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Justice League (Unlimited) vs. The Fatal Five

Looks like the classic JLU is back (more or less) in this upcoming direct to DVD film, with Timm's art style and Kevin Conroy, George Newbern and Susan Eisenberg back as the Big Three as well. Plus, the Legion and new GL Jessica Cruz!

Very excited to return to this series. Heck, I do a podcast about it!

A video containing interviews and preview footage of the upcoming "Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" animated movie has been posted online. With George Newbern returning to voice the role of Superman, along with Kevin Conroy as Batman and Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman, Warner Bros. Animation appears to be returning to the character designs

Chris
    sigpic
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

I remember when this was announced because it was a return to JLU, but had completely forgotten about it since then!

I'm still partial to Tim Daly as Supes. Newbern is good, but it's more an impression of Daly.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^I've stated this on our podcast, that while I love Daly, I think Newbern portrays Supes with more range in his voice. Superman on JL/JLU has been put through the wringer already, and his ups and downs are part of the overarching story. Not saying Daly couldn't have pulled it off, but Newbern got to stretch the character a bit.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

neat, would be something if the Timm-Verse started having some influence over the movies.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Thanks for the heads up. It'll be nice to be back in the Timmverse again. The DC Animated Universe was the biggest part of my comics entertainment from 1992 to 2006. For me, it bridged the gap from Batman in 1989 to Iron Man kicking off the Marvel Cinematic Universe in 2008.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm excited to see this, in the aftermath of Batman/Harley Quinn. I'm a fan of the Legion and the JLA, and the characters are intriguing. It's great to see Mr. Terrific featured, I like both the golden-age and modern versions.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 21, '19, 5:11 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jquest
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 19, 2007

Thanks for the vid, didn't realize this will be coming out! really looking forward to seeing it, JLU was one of my favorite cartoons, been re-watching them on the DC Universe!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Just a friendly reminder that my wife Cindy and I do a monthly podcast covering the Justice League animated series in chronological order.

Chris and Cindy Franklin discuss every episode of the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited animated series!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎