X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures 5: The Lords of Light by PAC Toys

This week's installment of Toy-Ventures is all about the story PAC toys and their sadly too short toyline called the Lords of Light. I get into my relationship with their creator and what might have been with this 80s toy line that ended all too quickly.

Visit us online at www.plaidstallions.com

Twitter: @plaidstallions

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That was awesome. So much great info. Wish they weren't so rare. They really are neat little figures.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Great video. I'm really fascinated by this line. So many strange confluences of toy history, especially if you go all the way back to Takara. I wonder what they thought about these molds being used?

Also, so strange that the villains were released first. People complain about case ratios now! And the hero was so prominent in the commercial.

I think this concept would still go over pretty well. Kids LOVE glow sticks. A cheap glow stick at Halloween is a huge deal to a kid.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Great video. I'm really fascinated by this line. So many strange confluences of toy history, especially if you go all the way back to Takara. I wonder what they thought about these molds being used?
        I don't know if Takara would have cared about Lords of Light because they primarily seemed to be using stuff created by Mego. There are a couple of Takara items promised but not a lot.

Interchangeables on the other hand...
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍