X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
    Yes, D is legit. He's done awesome mockups in the past.

I think there's more going on with the card design then let on. For example, Doc confirmed the Trek cards are based on Pars new style guides, so all TOS products will.have that uniform aesthetic. Otherwise, my guess is we would have gotten something more Mego Trek ala EMCE.
    Yes. It’s pretty easy to design card art when you use other people’s art work and don’t have to conform to style guides or client demands.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Again, Dwayne was using other artists' work with a quick mock up. Yes, that is easy to do, especially with no limits or style guides to adhere to. Heck, even I can do that.

Here's an example of what I can do:

Now what I CAN'T do, is stuff like these original paintings that Dwayne does. Check out his Darth Vader:

Or his Electric Company Spider-Man:

Certainly, having style guide restrictions are going to confine an artist's freedom to go wild with the packaging. But we have someone right here in our community who has proven his talent time and again with a paintbrush. If he's willing to contribute, I'd love to know that Mego Corp would consider that.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by boss
        Yes. It’s pretty easy to design card art when you use other people’s art work and don’t have to conform to style guides or client demands.
        Did you make the new Mego cards? You seem offended. Oh, and for the record...Ed Repka's Nosferatu art was taken directly from someone else's work. Mike Hill's sculpture to be exact...and that was for a PAID job, not a quickie fan mockup.

Comment

• Streaky
          • Jan 6, 2019

Getting back on topic what other Horror licenses can we expect?

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Streaky
            Getting back on topic what other Horror licenses can we expect?
            I know at this point it won't happen, but I'd love to see a two pack of Billy the Kid Vs. Dracula. It would give us the John Carradine vampire as he appears in the two House of films (and is a fairly easy work around then), and Billy was never part of the original western line.
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• boss
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 18, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
              Did you make the new Mego cards? You seem offended. Oh, and for the record...Ed Repka's Nosferatu art was taken directly from someone else's work. Mike Hill's sculpture to be exact...and that was for a PAID job, not a quickie fan mockup.

Nope. I had nothing to do with them. Sorry if I struck a nerve.
              Last edited by boss; Jan 20, '19, 7:15 PM.
              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                I know at this point it won't happen, but I'd love to see a two pack of Billy the Kid Vs. Dracula. It would give us the John Carradine vampire as he appears in the two House of films (and is a fairly easy work around then), and Billy was never part of the original western line.
                That's ingenious, actually. It's a cult title.with little merch produced starring two characters that crossover into other genres that tie into other Mego lines. Bravo!

Comment

• BATMAN89
                  Mego obsessed!!!
                  • Jul 20, 2010

Definitely getting Nosferatu, Freddy Krueger, and Gitd Frankie.
                  Love the first Frank, and I love the glow in the dark idea.
                  Already have one Drac. I think that’s enough. Same with Werewolf. I have 2 of first ones.
                  Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                  My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Neutron X
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 22, 2007

Very excited about Invisible Man figure! The hands look great!!!! Very clear, my hope is the body is clear as well. I'm gonna get several if they are!!! I'm also excited about Frankenstein GITD and Nosferatu. They are making some great figures!!!!

Comment

• Falstaff13
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
                      That's ingenious, actually. It's a cult title.with little merch produced starring two characters that crossover into other genres that tie into other Mego lines. Bravo!
                      Thanks. I even like the film in a "so bad its fun" way. I think Carradine's Dracula is underappreciated.
                      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2008

I would be all over Billy and Drac, or Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter 2 packs. Might be a little too niche for Mego. Maybe DD could put that together?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Does the Invisible Man have an "invisible" body?
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                            Does the Invisible Man have an "invisible" body?
                            We will find out in March, given the fact that all the monsters so far have matching color bodies I'd say yes.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I need a black suit (Mego-style) and the Invisible Man's might do. What's his accessory--a flask of monocane? That could be handy, too.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Does anyone know if these will be carried by Target?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎