X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acrovader
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2011

Micronauts movie coming October 2020??

From Christopher Nolan's Tenet to Wonder Woman 1984 and Soul, we look ahead to the biggest movies still to come in 2020.
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Interesting!

Micronauts (2020)
    Directed by: TBD
    Starring: TBD
    Opening on: October 16, 2020

Micronauts are a group of robotic characters who are closer than we think – they exist in the microscopic space around us, and they’re constantly battling for control. Although there was a Marvel comic-book series based on the Micronauts toyline, the new movie will be entirely original, and with J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot producing, we have faith the story is in good hands. The characters are said to be part of Hasbro’s shared continuity movie universe, which has been reported to include G.I. Joe and M.A.S.K.
    Even if the movie is no good, hopefully they will re-release the toys for the promotion.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Man, I wish they could adapt those Marvel stories.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
        Man, I wish they could adapt those Marvel stories.
        Damn right. As much as I'm happy there will be Micronauts movie, I'm not thrilled about new characters and story-line. I fear this might be more like the junky G.I. Joe movies or the Transformers movies.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

It also could also be good I guess but my brain is imprinted to those characters. I've tried to read other comics and they refuse to take.

Oddly enough, i got a nice "Marvel Micronauts" vibe from "Guardians of the Galaxy" which probably makes sense because there were some Mantlo characters in that as well.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Sounds promising, but I do wish this could lean on the Marvel stories, or even just be a part of the MCU. Would make for some cool crossovers.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

If Disney bought Hasbro,the problem would be solved.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

There was also a Micronauts animated series that Hasbro hyped in their catalog of upcoming projects that was supposed to be released in 2018 along with an accompanying line of toys (I saw the product and the concept art for the animation). It was announced just after the SDCC exclusive Microfigures were released (the year after the 3 pack of replica figures at SDCC), and around the same time this movie was first announced with Abrams' Bad Robot attached. Since the toy line and animated series were scrapped by Hasbro, and since several of the movies on this list that was linked have also already been scrapped, cancelled or delayed and the list is wildly out of date/inaccurate, I am not holding my breath waiting for anything to come of this, especially not by the release date listed since pre-production hasn't even started on it yet.

Here was the concept art fro the Micronauts animated that was in the catalog of upcoming projects that Hasbro released at that SDCC....

it really looks nothing like the classic Micronauts character designs.

And here's the article on Nerdist discussing the announcement of the animated series and the movie... https://nerdist.com/micronauts-animated-series/ and again, nothing else has come of either announcement since.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy

Oddly enough, i got a nice "Marvel Micronauts" vibe from "Guardians of the Galaxy" which probably makes sense because there were some Mantlo characters in that as well.

Definitely. Hell, James Gunn wanted to have Bug in the movie, but apparently Disney's lawyers weren't 100% sure that Marvel owned the character outright and they were too risk adverse to give it a shot. I would love if Marvel could incorporate the Micronauts into the MCU (then Ant-Man could go to the Microverse instead of the "Quantum Realm") but it doesn't look like it will ever happen unless some Disney/Hasbro deal can happen.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎