X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Ghostbusters movie in the works for 2020

To be co-written and directed by Jason Reitman. Takes place 30 years after Ghostbusters 2.

As I said before the last GB reboot I would have preferred a Real Ghostbusters movie.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

the only way they can really make this work, after the disaster that was the 2016 reboot, is to bring back all, or as many of the original cast as possible. at least in some capacity other than just a cameo. IMHO

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

He is a great filmmaker (and obviously has the family pedigree)... Plus I appreciate the fact that he is not making a reboot... So there are some reasons to be optimistic. But despite all that, it still feels like it will be tough to pull off satisfyingly.

I'm sure Aykroyd will be tripping over himself to be part of this and that Murray will have nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

It's only at the writing stage. I would be shocked if it makes the 2020 release date. Honestly, I'd be actually surprised if it gets made at all. This is just the newest attempt at a GB3 which had been in development hell for ages before the 2016 reboot decide to start over for scratch with their alternate universe take. I know I sound like a broken record here, but they really should just do a Real Ghostbusters movie. It's really the best option in the Ghostbusters multiverse.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I would miss Harold Ramis,but I am sure he will be honored in this in some way.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by powersthatbe
            I would miss Harold Ramis,but I am sure he will be honored in this in some way.
            Maybe he could be a ghost. That would be awesome!

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Would be better to just film the video game and call it Ghostbusters 3

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Maybe he could be a ghost. That would be awesome!
                I was thinking the same thing. If they got the okay from his family, and his friends thought he would have been down for that, I would be behind that, and not feel weird about it. Otherwise...too ghoulish.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Imagine this feature length with a studio budget.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎