X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Removing glue stains?

I wanted to ask how to remove a super glue stain from clothing?

My Korob custom has a stain on the left side of his outfit, you can view the latest pic
    in the Finished Customs thread, Catspaw.

I had him in his window box with the wand, the top wand piece fell off so I super glued
    it on and it stays on, I put it in back in the window box with the figure, but when I took
    the figure out for a pic I noticed the glue stain on the outfit.

I do have stain remover but not sure if it will work on this silky cloth like material
    don't want to make it worse.

any ideas PLMK and thanks.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Acetone breaks down superglue. I don't know how the material would react, though.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Thanks LonnieFisher for the help, after giving this more thought, I might just leave it alone
      the outfit material is not standard cloth like the megos, so experimenting with
      types of stain removers is probably not the best idea, if it made it worse, I couldn't simply
      replace the clothes from another figure.

I was thinking about maybe putting a small piece of double sided scotch tape over the stain
      and then slightly pulling the material over to cover it, the tape would keep the material
      in place I think? if it doesn't work, then no harm done.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

I've never done so, but I've heard of folks taking (rare) Mego clothing to dry cleaners to remove stains and gunk. Suppose if you're a dry cleaner store owner, that's hardly the strangest thing you've been asked to clean.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Confessional
          I've never done so, but I've heard of folks taking (rare) Mego clothing to dry cleaners to remove stains and gunk. Suppose if you're a dry cleaner store owner, that's hardly the strangest thing you've been asked to clean.
          Interesting idea, although the outfit is stiched, so there's no buttons, I'm weary of trying to get it off without
          tearing something, and I'm to embarrassed to take the whole figure into the place and ask if they can remove a
          spot from my dolls clothes.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎