X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Steve Austin Stuff @ Thrift Store

So I popped in a Thrift Store during my lunch today and was about to walk out when I spotted something behind the glass. It was the SMDM Mission Control Center in a very beat up box. Next to it was Oscar Goldman's office folded up as well. It looked like all the pieces were there but packaged so ugly that it'd be messy to check.

The price tag said $150 which I thought was high given the poor condition so I asked to speak to the manager to haggle. She was in a meeting so I left my number.

I plan on dropping back in tomorrow during lunch to hopefully get this for a more reasonable price. Not sure how high I'm willing to go but seeing toys in hand as opposed to eBay makes it harder for me to walk away for some reason.

Wish me luck.

BB
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Good luck BB!

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

good luck with your haggling. I have noticed quite a few of my local area thrift stores are placing items in a 'collectibles' area and pricing them via an internet $ search. Also noticing that many of these pricers don't really understand the difference between a loose and boxed item, and have a different interpretation of the term mint. On the plus side, if something sits around long enough, they usually drop the price a bit.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I’ve often said anyone can post a pair of socks on eBay for a hundred bucks; doesn’t mean that’s their worth. Unless I see actual bids on an item the posting price means very little to me.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I wouldn't pay $150 for anything in a thrift store. if they want that kind of money they should put it on ebay

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Exactly, Thrift Store shoppers can’t afford that kind of coin for a toy no less. Hoping I’m not gonna deal with a dingbat but yeah, it’s over priced

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎