X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Muscle Body question

Was wondering why no one has ever done repro arms for the Muscle Body? I know there are the restring kits but I've seen quite a few MB Joes on Ebay minus arms. Cotswolds sells the hands and wrist pegs but not the rest of the arm.
  • Lee
    • Mar 7, 2008

They seemingly had plans to do so at one point but when they stocked the Geyperman bodies they dropped the idea of producing their own muscle bodies. Which is frustrating cause it took me months to find a pair of lower arms to repair the one I have, and I'm not crazy about the whole needing to break the arms open for the standard repair kit.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

There's people making resin copies of the upper and lower arms. I've personally not held those in my hand. I bet if you post over at The Trenches Joe board you'll find them.

Also regarding cracking open the arms generally is ok, and I agree it's worrisome to break them open, but a lot do it without any issue. The past 6 or so MB's I've restrung, I've used the elastic method and you don't have to break open anything and no glueing. I can usually do one in 10 minutes if all of the old rubber has been cleaned out. Plus it's extremely cheap, which I'm a fan of.

Here's the link to how to do it: http://kungfugrip.mysite.com/restrin...e_body_joe.htm
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Lee
        • Mar 7, 2008

Ah that restringing option I had been considering doing myself. I was actually considering another method as well, not sure how effective it will be in practice but I hope to test it soon and if it works well I'll document it.

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

^^^^Thank you for the link Danny. Yes, I believe this method is a must for Bulletman because if you pry open the arms at the seam in order to install the kit joints the chrome will chip off... I really wish I could somehow chrome some regular muscle arms and assemble these to a new muscle arm body in order to have a figure with flawless chromed arms... My Bulletman has some chrome fading and that doesn't let me sleep well... ^^^^

Comment

• Lee
            • Mar 7, 2008

Originally posted by Boywonder0
            ^^^^Thank you for the link Danny. Yes, I believe this method is a must for Bulletman because if you pry open the arms at the seam in order to install the kit joints the chrome will chip off... I really wish I could somehow chrome some regular muscle arms and assemble these to a new muscle arm body in order to have a figure with flawless chromed arms... My Bulletman has some chrome fading and that doesn't let me sleep well... ^^^^
            Liquid chrome pens do seem like they may do the job, they often smudge off when handled afterward but a long drying time may stop that, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWG7EfV5xMo there seem to be pretty good results here, not sure how well it would look on a more flat surface like an arm but its something.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I used Cotswold replacement joints on my Bulletman, I combined a US and Palitoy version and was able to retain the original Pali legs. I was very lucky: the arm chrome was quite good and I was able to break and reassemble them very cleanly. I bought a $$ rivet-press to install the elbow rivets for a factory look.

I had the helmet and boot-jets re-plated.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Now that I think about it,I can understand why they haven't been made. You'd still need to crack open the body to attach the arms.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎