Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

I really didn't like Spiderman Homecoming. He just seemed to Ironman/Spiderman to me but this one does look good. Really loving the classic Mysterio look

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Kevin Smith LOVES Mysterio, maybe a tad much...

sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Ya know, I guess I've officially become the "grumpy old man." First...I LOVE Tom Holland as High School age Spiderman...he's PERFECT! But...is it just me, or is anybody else missing the rest of Spiderman's cast? I know they're going to Europe...but where the HELL is Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson and J.J.J.? I feel the other characters in Peter's world are important as well? To me Spiderman is more than JUST a costume! I don't know...I think I'm done with Sony's version of Spiderman.
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Perhaps the story isn't to the Daily Bugle phase of his life or this MCU version won't even go there since there are obvious changes made to the mythology. You have Liz, Betty and Flash so there are classic supporting characters around him. MJ and Gwen need a rest after the last two versions anyway.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Zendaya is their version of Mary Jane. She's "MJ" anyway.

And anything they change in that department doesn't really bother me, because as thunderbolt said most were in the previous versions of the films. The fresh approach is welcome to me.

On the other hand, I do want to see J. K. Simmons return as Jameson, especially since I doubt he's going to be Jim Gordon again.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

I thought "homecoming" gave us the most comic accurate Spidey so far.
              what I don't like (and this goes back to the Garfield movies) is how they seem to have made Peter more of a "found tech" than an inventor.
              everything was just handed to him.
              and I agree about the "d-wad"
              no place for that in a Spider Man movie.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                ^Yes! I love Mysterio's costume...I just hope he wears the fishbowl more in the film. I don't need to see Jake's face.
                Yeah, he's not very mysterious unmasked for half the film. Did we ever once see West's Batman onscreen with his costume but no cowl? Nope.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  And anything they change in that department doesn't really bother me, because as thunderbolt said most were in the previous versions of the films. The fresh approach is welcome to me.

On the other hand, I do want to see J. K. Simmons return as Jameson, especially since I doubt he's going to be Jim Gordon again.

Chris
                  I couldn't agree more. JK Simmons was easily one of the best interpretations of a comic character on screen. We've sort of done the MJ/Gwen thing already, some of it successful, some of it a bit blecch.

If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing Betty Brant get her chance.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Yeah, he's not very mysterious unmasked for half the film. Did we ever once see West's Batman onscreen with his costume but no cowl? Nope.
                    yeah I am so tired of the ego trip unmasked stuff.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

People hate on Ben Affleck as Batman. But how many times he removed his cowl while on “duty”? And if he did, nothing like his Marvel counterparts. Captain America no longer wears a mask for crying out loud, lol...
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I think there were a couple scenes in Justice League with him decowled but nothing major or in public. And not sure why he gets a bad rap, pretty good as Batman.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Yes, Aflleck was a very good Batman, agreed.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

I really liked Aflecks Batman as well. just wish he was younger. I did not like the whole middle aged, world weary take in these movies.

I don't love Homecoming but I did enjoy it. Far From home looks like it is a more well rounded movie

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

I did like the older Batman angle with the younger guys like the Flash and to a much lesser extent Cyborg.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Affleck's Batman was actually pretty good once you got behind his psycho state at the beginning of BvS and the insane light-switch flip he pulled when "Martha" was infamously uttered. He did well with what he was given. Plus, his suit actually looked like the comic for the first time since 1966.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎